1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I miss my friend Flame

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by MasterofFlame, Jun 8, 2009.

1. MasterofFlame

MasterofFlame New Member

After 9 years of fun, shortly before Christmas we found our 4 legged friend and resident clown had bone cancer. We made it through Christmas, and finally didn't have the heart to hold onto him any longer, so in February we had him put to sleep. Working in the garage just isn't the same without him under the lylac tree this year. I truely miss summer with my old friend.

We found another friend, Max, to help us keep our mind off of Flame. A red nose pit that we found at a shelter. He is about a year old, his family had some financial problems and couldn't afford him. He has some good manners, and some - of course - that we will have to work on soon.

Max likes a good walk. We had a neighborhood walk, and my son in law asked if we could bring our dog. The coordinator said "Yes" without a second thought. When we got there with our tethered but happy Max, you could see the concern on the face of some people. One boy took a look at Max and said "You have a pit bull?" "Yes, his name is Max". The boy was very weary of us and Max during the walk, but Max was just happy to be seeing the sights - and wagged his tail the whole time. After the walk, we sat on the grass in the park, and finally the boy sat by us and talked. I think we made a new friend with a young boy who lives a few blocks from us - at least Max has a new friend.

Thanks for letting me share my story of the last few months.

cj

2. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

How sad I know it must have been hard. Went through the same thing.

Glad you found a new friend even if it isn't the same.