1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

i need help plz help

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by lil shant, May 10, 2005.

1. lil shant

lil shant New Member

I have a 10G aquarium and i would like to know everything about black skirts couse i want to get one.
    i have 5mollys 2glass fish 1cory 1peleco and 2bala shark.

2. dude412

dude412 New Member

5mollys 2glass fish 1cory 1peleco and 2bala shark is that the fish you have in your 10g???if not good becuase that would need like a 100 gallon becuase the sharks and pleco anyways they like to be in schools so buy at least 3-4 5 would be better

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

hi lil shant
    your tank is full right now Do you have test kits ? if i were you i would get rid of the bala's and pleco unless its a clown pleco and mabye even the glass fish and just keep the molly's

4. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

My god thats alot of fish in a little 10! You need a bigger tank or get rid of some fish because thats not healthy. Balas alone need about a 20 because they need to move around alot more than a 10 will allow.

Anyway...If you want to get black skirts, they are good for starting tanks. They are more hardy(able to adapt faster, survive more) than most other starter tanks. They grow to about 2 to 2 1/2 inches. I have three of them and yes, they are hardcore schooling fish.

But before you get more fish, I would deal with that overcrowding problem.

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

bala's get to big for a 20 gal tank just to let you know

6. lil shant

lil shant New Member

thanx for telling me about the balas we got rid of them.

7. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Give the plecos and sharks back! THIS IS A 10g! Guppies and tetras is wut u should have! (10g is very limiting, upgrade toa 20 or 29)

8. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

the sharks get big enough to fill 100 gals. if kept healthy.

9. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

no prob if you have any other question ask away

10. sakura.seppun

sakura.seppun New Member

I know everyone else has been saying it, but I had even less fish in my 10 gallon, 2 bala sharks included, and they ALL recently died thanks to scepticimia, which is caused by bacteria usually caused my overstocking a tank. So you should get a new tank as soon as possible.