1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I need some advice,

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by puttin510, Mar 18, 2005.

1. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I have a two gallon tank. Yes I know its small. I only had a beta in it. Anyway, it seems that since I bought my last plant, I have some new visitors in my tank, snails and I am seeing these tiny little wormy looking things. My beta has died. It has this cloudy white stuff on its body. What do I do, to get my tank rid of these little things? They are really tiny, like maybe 1 mm in size to 2 mm.

2. drab911

drab911 New Member

Did you wash your new plant before putting it in the tank?

3. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I rinsed it. Should I have scrubbed it or something like that. I thought I rinsed it enough. apparently not.

4. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi puttin510, The snails came in on your plant which is common. The tiny little wormy looking things are most likely Planaria. From the sound of things, cloudy white stuff on your Betta (fungus) and the presence of Planaria, you were probably overfeeding and have a buildup of food in the gravel.

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Possible. I was feeding only once in the morning. Now I bought some stuff for fungus and another for parasites. Can they be used together? They are by Jungle. Parasite Clear, and Fungus Clear. The people at petsmart did not seem to helpful.

6. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi puttin510, While other people have had success using the Jungle products, I never had that much success with them. Also there was a compatibility problem using multiple medications. For those reasons I have not used Jungle products in years. I use the Mardel line of products which are all designed to be used together. The Mardel products are Maracide for parasites, Maracyn, Maracyn II, and MarOxy all three of which are for fungus. Hope this helps.

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Thanks. I guess that what I get for listening to a pimply teenager and a gal that looked to know nothing. He said he has used them with no problems.

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I'll second what kc5gvn said. I personally don't like Jungle products. I used their parasite tabs once and within a couple hours my tank got extremely cloudy and one of my oscars started floating on his side at the surface looking half dead.

I love Mardel product and haven't had a bit of problem with them by themselves or when used with other Mardel products.

-Chelle

9. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Ok, then. I will be bringing them back. thanks