1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

i need some new help im begging u plz!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by pookiepets, Jun 20, 2005.

1. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

hey yall! well i just got a 75 gallon tank i have 2 neon swordtails 3 assorted platies and 1 white looking platy i need more i was thinking on danos black skirts , serpaes mollies etc thank for the help

daniel :y_the_best:

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I think you can add the ones you just mentioned without a problem, are there specifics types, or sizes of fish that you prefer, big, small, tetras, livebearers, barbs, sharks, catfish, gouramis, loaches, etc.

3. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

hey! ummm a large one to attract the kids since i own a tutoring center here! I NEED THE WHOLE 411~!~!~ thanks

4. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

has this tank been cycled?

5. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

yes it has

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I dunno, if you want color, you could go cichlid but not with the fish you have in there right now. Or if you want small fish with lots of colors, you could go with tetras, barbs, gouramis and livebearers, but if you wnat big fish, you would probaly not be able to keep the fish you have in there with them, if you want gentle giants, you could get clown loaches although they grow slowly, bala sharks, plecos, and silver dollars. If you want lonesome large aggressive giants then you could get oscars, jd's, or other fish.

7. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

yes i need some hardy ones i notice ure on how can we direct chat

8. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

How about getting a large school of Danios. They're generally fast moving and IMO more active than Tetras. They would probably get the attention of the kids.

I don't know about compatibilty with the fish you have now, but maybe your could get some angelfish.

9. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

ohhh thats great but i would also loveee guppies
    is there a wai that i can have them

p.s u guys are helping me soooo much thanks :D

10. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

welll umm i wanted to know that angel fish how much do they run for there care and etc can u help me with that i love those fish but i need alot like about 7

11. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I've mixed guppies with platy's before so you could probably do that if you wanted.

12. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

awesome im gonna go on aim and i have ure sn is it Angel625159 i will im asap ok thanks

13. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

waiut will they do good with swords

14. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Platy's and swordtails have pretty mich the same temperment so they would probably be ok.

15. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

If you want something on the larger size that are peaceful, not so picky about water quality as the angels, and can be quite colorful and pretty, look at the Australian Rainbows.

I've kept my Rainbows with Guppies, Swordtails, Zebra Danios, Neon Tetras and even Glass Catfish and never had a problem of any kind. They tend to mind their own business, aren't fin nippers, and don't seem to be aggressive in any way.

Depending on the variety, they can get to be 4-6 inches in length. I was just at the zoo in Memphis and saw a school of mature Bosman Rainbows that was just spectacular.

16. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

wow...so i can keep neons with guppies!

17. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Every fish u have asked about are simple community fish that should all work unless u get the bad apple in the bunch. I would recommend getting Clown loachs, they can get as large as 12"! They will eaisly get attention and do a fine job cleaning the bottom of ur tank. And they arent at all aggressive, mainly because they cant realy bite other fish (since they bottom feeders)

Hey and u got mostly live bearers so watch for big bellys (Pregnancy), thats always fun.