1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I only wanted You

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by kindness_001, May 29, 2004.

1. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Date: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:46 am
    Subject: I only wanted You

ADVERTISEMENT

They say memories are golden
    well maybe that is true.
    I never wanted memories,
    I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,
    a million times I cried.
    If love alone could have saved you
    you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
    In death I love you still.
    In my heart you hold a place
    no one could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway
    and heartache make a lane,
    I'd walk the path to heaven
    and bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken,
    and nothing seems the same.
    But as God calls us one by one,
    the chain will link again.

Author unknown
    wanted to post this.

2. GinaH

GinaH New Member

That was beautiful..... :cry:

3. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

That was wonderfull. Perfect for the way I feel about my beloved Cheyenne.

4. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Okay...I'm crying :cry: Right here in front of my computer.... 3 weeks ago when I was in the vet's office having my wonderful cat I had had for 18 years put to sleep, I remember thinking to myself that the pain I was feeling right then and there was too horrible.... that I loved my animals too much and I never wanted to go through it again. Then the thought came into my head of Rusty, my new dog. I thought, "OMG! I'm going to have to experience this very moment with him some day!! I can't do it!!"

Then later on in the day, I was mulling everything over.... and thought about that again.... And came to the conclusion that as painful as saying goodbye is, all the good years, memories, companionship and loyalty one animal can give you does make it worth it. And although they can only be with us for less years than we'd like, what they give us is very precious, and I believe makes us all better human beings.

5. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Pam I love your quote under your name. That sums everything up in one nice quote. Just had to share that.

6. Jody

Jody New Member

That was so nice, thanks for sharing.