1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I really hate food allergies

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by luvmyangels, Aug 23, 2009.

1. luvmyangels

luvmyangels New Member

My poor boy isnt feeling well again :cry: Tuesday evening my 11 year old "forgot" to close the lid on the kitchen trashcan after throwing away an empty container of Breyers Snickers ice cream. Buster decided it would make a great snack, pulled the container out of the trash (he's never touched the trashcan before that and hasnt shown any interest since) and licked the inside. 4th ingredient is corn syrup, Buster is allergic to corn (this experience shifted his allergy from "suspected" to "confirmed" in my mind). Within 12 hours we lost all the progress we made when he was switched from Exclusive to TOTW. He's back to pudding poop, digging at his skin and passing gas that could peel paint from the walls.

Im now feeding him a bit of canned pumpkin before meals and chicken & rice instead of his kibble...just started at "lunch" (he's still eating 3 times a day). For the first time he didnt have to run outside right away. It's been almost 3 hours and no diarrhea! No poop at all, but we did the same thing with the Rx meds from the vet a couple months ago.

The lessons learned...keep the trashcan lid closed (used cleaning up after Buster to convince the 11 year old!), Buster WILL eat canned pumpkin if its served at room temp. with a spoon and before a meal, never ever be caught without CHICKEN :p