1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I think my fish is dieing

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by GodsChld, May 27, 2005.

1. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

I have a black moor that is about 4 months old...i recently changed the water and and hasnt been moving around...i hit him with the scooper and i saw that he had like a red rash on his belly....he and myu other fish are not eating....does anyone know what the problem is???

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What size is the tank?
    What fish are in it and how big are they?
    What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte (actual numbers, please)?
    Did you use dechlorinator when you changed the water?

-Chelle

3. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

i have 2 moors...one is black and the other is a goldfish looking one...the big one is 5 inches long...the other is 2-3 inches....i have a 15 gal tank...i dont know the readings....and i do have a decholrine thing

4. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

i am on my cousins account...i just wanted to know what is wrong

5. Mockingcat

Mockingcat New Member

Have you checked the levels in the water like the previous poster asked? Honestly, 15 gallons is very small for two goldfish, and they may be having problems with too much ammonia in the water. :)

6. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

Yep, if the tank is too small for two fish, you either need to get a bigger tank, get rid of one, or change the water every day/every other day. Seems like what I happened when I had my fish death crisis. They wouldn't move around much, but they would move for a minute when you hit them with something. That was high ammonia readings.
    Never do a full water change, because then you get rid of all the friendly bacteria that will eat the bad things.