1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I"VE GOT A BABY!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, May 5, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Ok, I know this isn't about horses, but we our rescued PMU mare just foaled at 2am this morning!!!! email me and I'll attach photos!!!! Oh we are sooo proud!
    Her name is Springs Full Moon!
    She's a biggun! Her momma is 1/2 percheron and 1/2 quarter horse!!!!
    As far as we know the daddy was quarter.
    mare-majic@excite.com

Ok, gotta go back out side to do my imprint training on the filly!

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Sam, how exciting :y_the_best: . :eek: :eek: :eek: by the way what is a PMU??

honeybear

3. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Congrats Sam!
    I read an interesting fact this morning on my calender from the Humane Society of the United States. It said more foals are born between April15-May 15 than any other time of the year.
    Kinda neat I thought.

4. Samsintentions

PMU stands for pregnant mare's urine. ITs whats used in hormones for women. The horses were made to stand for 11 months (this is the justation period for horses) in a stall with a catheter to collect the urine.

It was horrible. They have now found a synthetic alternative so the factories and plants were all shut down. THE CRUELTY HAS ENDED FOR THEM!!!

The reason most foals are born during this time, Mares take 11 months to foal. They are usually bred back within 19-21 days of foaling. SO when the foals are born (usually in mid spring) the mare is bred back and will have the baby the next year a month before she was bred....get what I'm saying???

Anyhow. Its safe for the mare, she's in early pregnacy during the summer so its not hard on her. Then she foals during the spring after the cold and before the heat.

5. Samsintentions

OH she's really being a toot now!!! she's up running and bucking and driving momma crazy!

That little tail is straight up in the air! Awww,,, yall should really see. There's nothing more beautiful than a newborn foal playing in a feild. Its sooo funny.

6. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Oh my Sam - that is horrible treatment, I am so glad that practice has ended, there must be lots of horses now needng homes because of this! Glad you gave her a good home :D

I found out this week-end a neighbor wants to open a horse sanctuary, I hope they can get it thru all the permitting process.

honeybear

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

What color is she? I love horses. This sounds odd, but one of the things I love about poodles is their face kind of reminds me of a horse. I love the lines. Does that sound like a strange thing. Horses are such beautiful animals

8. Samsintentions

She's going to be a dark bay like her mother. She's got a little crecent moon on her forehead. and four little white socks! She'd definately a doll. Oh and a black mane and tail.... I love those little feathery tails when their born! sooo cute!

9. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Congradulations!! I LOVE horses. One day I will have enough land and have plenty of horses!!!

10. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Congrats Sam !!! I adore horses ! We had them when I was a child and I have always loved them to peices !!! keep us posted on her growth !

11. Samsintentions

Oh she's up to torturing mom's dogs now. Freckles wants sooo bad to go run and play with her, but the mare has other ideas! LoL....Moon runs up to the fence, and snickers at her, the runs off and looks back like "oh come on!!! chase me!!!" little stinker..

She's VERY smart!!!!!! She learned give and release on halter training in about 15 minutes! She's also responding to pressure points and allowing her feet to be messed with. Its sooo hard not to spoil them and make them in to puppies..... but you can't..