1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

ICE & Snow under a dogs feet

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by DMikeM, Dec 19, 2006.

1. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

I am bothered that my dogs sit and stand on ICE and snow all day during the winter. What do dogs feel regarding the cold? Does it hurt like it does to humans?. I have dog blankets placed where they usually hang out but they seem to move the blanket and stand in the snow instead.
    Duncan loves the cold and will sit or lay in the snow even during a heavy storm and not even bother to shake the snow off his fur. He is so happy it's winter but the other 2 are not so happy.

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I think if it it gets too cold then yes or like when we go to the snow and they get like snow balls caught in their pads. I also think its the type of dog, like I the 2 bald dogs you have are much more tolerant to cold then the others and they could have a problem.

3. DMikeM

DMikeM New Member

Duncan has a real heavy Chow like coat, Dowser is like a Rottwieller and Pepsi is a Staffordshire (no fur type). I got Pepsi a real nice oil radiator for her doghouse and sometimes she just wants outside just to get in the doghouse.
    Duncan and Dowser never get snowballs in the pads. Being as they are part Chow they have very small feet for there sizes.

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Well, we don't get much ice or snow down here. but if its anywhere near cool outside, Boe ain't coming out of his dog house and your not coaxing him out either! LOL

He's such a weenie. he prefers to be balled up under his blamkets and hay next to his heat lamp... Now Precious on the other hand.. That girl LOVES the cold. She'll romp and play and acts just plain silly in the cold weather.... Vader too.... But not my big ol Boe! LOL

5. rowdiebrindlepit

rowdiebrindlepit New Member

i usually put vaseline on my dogs feet if there is snow on the ground, i was told it helps keep the snow from sticking.