1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

ice????

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by ddd0102, Jun 16, 2004.

1. ddd0102

ddd0102 New Member

Is chewing on ice bad for a dogs teeth?

2. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I don't think so. My dogs love chewing ice. First of all they like to bat it around the floor like they're play ice hocky or something and then they will eat it. :D

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

I was always told that chewing ice, breaks the enamel off your teeth, But Dogs teeth are so much stronger than ours so I don't know. Mine LOVE it. Especially when I flavor the water before freezing it!

4. lil96

lil96 New Member

I was told on long car rides to bring ice cubes and not water as it is easier to transport and would keep cooler longer. And in everyday life my old dog loved to play with it. But Luther want come near it I think he thinks it is too cold!! and his teeth are really bad, when I first took him to the vet they guessed he was 6 months old by his anatomy and looking at his teeth and the build up on it he seemed much older, but his teeth seemed really young (if that makes sense) I don"T think it really matters if a dog chews on ice

5. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I give Nala ice to chew on all the time. I figure if chewing on bones is good for her teeth, ice is a piece of cake!

Jamiya

6. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

I think ice is great! Not to mention a life saver if you have a teething puppy.

7. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I give all my dogs ice. In fact in the summer I freeze beef or chicken broth in an ice cube tray and give it to them as a treat. They LOVE it!

8. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :y_the_best: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That was a good idea GinaH the flavoring part my little Rosco loves Ice when it's hot out I put it in the bowl and he steals them all but my Max he doesn't care about it but maybe if it had flavor he would like it, he loves food so that might be good.

:?: :?:
    What are good treats that don't have that many calories (?) for my dogs, we give them treats almost everytime they go out and I want to get something less fatning for them, I will try the ice though.....

9. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

BoBo, loves to eat ice, It is also good if a dog is throwing up they say to give it instead of water.

10. puggleowner

puggleowner New Member

:eek: Gina good idea about freezing the broth -- I will have to try that!

11. nern

nern New Member

and it melts fast enough that its not a choking hazard.