1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ich H E L P !

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Petz8888, Mar 16, 2005.

?

Do you think my fish will live ( read message before answering)?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

MY goldfish tank has Ich.
    Im treating with super ich med. and going to do another tyipe to... as soon as I find my snail.

I need to know how else to help my fish.
    I dont want them to die because if I do 15 of my fish (all of the that I have ever had) will have died.
    And no Im not saying I have 15 fish. I have 6 but I have had 9 fish who have died.

any how please HHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

Petz

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i dont think u should be mxing the two medications

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

same here what kind of fish what size tank and what are your readings

4. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi Petz8888, Never use two medications together unless they are designed to work together. It is one of the quickest ways to kill your fish and the tanks bacterial filtration. Always follow the directions listed on the medication. Here are some guidelines for treatment.
    1. Remove any snails or smooth skined fish to another tank before treatment.
    2. Increase water temperature to 80 F degrees.
    3. Increaseing aeration to the tank is recommended.
    4. Increase aquarium salt to 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water.
    5. Treat with your preferred Ich medication according to directions listed on the packaging.
    6. Do 25% - 30% water changes daily while medicating to keep from building up toxic levels of the medications. When doing the partial water changes use only enough salt for the amount of water you are replacing. Daily treatment of the meds should be enough for the full tank. The new water going into the tank should be within 2 F degrees of the tank temperature.
    7. After the recommended treatment time (usually 5 days), do a 50% water change followed by a 25% water change 2 days later. And then a third 25% water change 2 days after the second water change.
    8. At this point your fish should be cleared up. If not then check your Ich medication to see if it has a recommendation for a second round of treatment. If your fish are cleared up then begin your normal routine maintenance.

5. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

They are cleared up but Im not going to do anything about the meds in the water because one has weared off but the other one needs to be in the water for a mounth.

I cleaned the tank before I treated the water so thats O. K.

Thanx!!

:)

Petz

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You should keep treating the tank for at least 5 days (I go a full week) after the last spot has disappeared.

-Chelle

7. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

Not clear!!

I just noticed more Ich spots!!!

Im salting.
    I cant rais the temp. I dont have a heater!!!

I had to take out my catfish It wasnt looking to good. Its looking better now.

Oh Help!!!!