1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

ICK please help

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by jamin_rb, May 12, 2004.

1. jamin_rb

jamin_rb New Member

ok i noticed my fish have ick i went away for awhile so i just seen this
    my 4 black neons and kinda my 2 sharks have it i noticed none of the others have it. iam getting some medicne soon but i want to know if theres anything to do to slow it down until i get it. They have all had it for a while and my one neon is like coverd :(

IS THERE ANYTHING TO SLOW IT DOWN/STOP IT (WITH OUT NEEDING MEDICNE)

PLEASE HELP ITS A FISH EMERGANCY :cry:

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

there is nothing you can really do. my neons once had ick and nothing worked they all ended up dying up untill i bough them quick cure. that does the job. though without the cure intime 4 out of 5 of my neons died.

3. tina1

tina1 New Member

Without meds: you can try increasing the temp and adding a little bit of AQUARIUM salt (not regular table salt).

With meds: Two words: Quick Cure. Works wonders on fish, but will turn your water a bluish green color.

4. jamin_rb

jamin_rb New Member

thanks for the info they have had it for awhile i dont realli know whatto do iam gonna try to get the cure soon but mahbe tomor at the latest :cry:

5. OneWolvesDream

its not such a great idea to wait. the longer you wait the less likely it will work. though with quick cure that i rate A++++++++++++ the blue greeny color goes away within 2 hours, my neon had it and i got her off the filter with a hole in her head :cry: its a sad thing. though my local pet store every fish had it. so i bought the ones with a verrry small case of it than i cured them within 1 day they were all fine. and that is with a small case with a bad one it will take 2-3 days

6. jamin_rb

jamin_rb New Member

Thanks i just bought some quick cure and added the rite dosage so i think i will be fine. Hope they get better :eek:

7. OneWolvesDream

we will all hold thumbs!!

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

A couple points about your iridescent sharks.

#1 - As far as I know, Quick Cure isn't safe for scaleless fish. Iridescent sharks are scaleless so keep a really close eye on them (the instructions of the med might say to use 1/2 dose. Tetras are also sensitive to most ich meds too.

#2 - I hope you're aware that iridescent sharks get well over 4 feet long and need about 1000 gallons each. There's no way they will be able to survive very long in a 30 gallon tank.
    http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/pa ... /172_f.php

-Chelle

9. J_acon

J_acon New Member

Raising the temp works. :)

10. jamin_rb

jamin_rb New Member

thanks

so far it isnt working gonna put some more in and do a water change tonight
    :eek: