1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for keeping the pup cool?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by luvmyangels, May 21, 2009.

1. luvmyangels

luvmyangels New Member

We discovered this morning our a/c is dieing. The motor is apparently going, if it kicks off it wont restart itself. We have already put a call in for service/repair.

My biggest concern is not for the humans in the house. Sure, we'll be uncomfortable without the a/c but Buster does not handle heat well...typical for his breed. We're supposed to top out in the mid to upper 80s for the next several days, without a/c my baby boy is going to be miserable :(

He's a completely indoor pup, no where outside to contain him at this point (havent found the hardware for the kennel :oops: ). Mess level isnt a concern, lino. floors mop well and he can be contained in the kitchen with ease.

Any ideas would be great. The only things Ive come up with is sticking him in the bathtub to wet him down with cool water....it'll take a good 5 hours for him to dry (thats after toweling off a lot of the water) or letting him play with ice cubes/frozen water bottles.

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

3. luvmyangels

luvmyangels New Member

You have mail.

Messy isnt a big deal. Of course thats probably obvious considering Busters breed. Im open to anything to help keep my big guy comfy.

The a/c must be replaced, simply repairing it isnt an option. It's at least 15 years old though, so at the end of its lifespan anyway. It'll probably be at least Friday before anything can be done, the guy said he'd get back with us tomorrow or Friday (please let it be tomorrow!).

Right now things are staying cool, the a/c runs fine unless the fan shuts off (when the thermastat says its hit the right temp.).

4. luvmyangels

luvmyangels New Member

By some miracle the guy found time to write up a bid today. The bad news, even though we've accepted the bid it'll be the first week of June before the new a/c can be installed. There is some relief in sight when it comes to temps at least. We'll drop down into the upper 70s by the end of the weekend.

5. luvmyangels

luvmyangels New Member

Work starts on the new A/C tomorrow! The guy called this afternoon asking if he could start it tomorrow. Why would I have said no? We should have a/c again by the end of the week.

Buster has handled this VERY well. We've been able to run the old unit a few hours a day which helped to keep the worst of the days heat out. He always has very fresh water (he barks at me to change it if its been sitting too long...) so we've been adding ice to that as needed, letting him play with ice on the kitchen floor, the 2 liter pepsi bottles were meant for him to snuggle up to (he wanted nothing to do with those), when all else failed we'd rinse him with cool water...and then he'd tear around the house like the puppy he is.