1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas For The 55 Gallon

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fishkin, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

I am probably going to move the Convicts I have into the 29 with the Ropefish since it is almost impossible to get a DARN MALE CONVICT! :x
    Well what do you think I should put in the 55...I know my choices are almost all a one-fish in tank deal but here they are....

1. Needlefish
    2. Red Devil
    3. Tiger Oscar
    4. 2 Jewels & 2 Firemouths
    5. Green Terror
    6. Vampire Tetra (aka Payara)

All suggestions welcome and yes I know the adult sizes of all the fish.

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i say #2 reddevil b/c those guys have lots of personality and i think they look cool especially with the ones that have alot of white.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

4 convicts won't fit into a 29 gallon. It's barely big enough for 2.

-Chelle

4. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Sell me the 55g :lol: Im havin a hard time finding one othet then "The Wal-Mart Special"... :roll:

5. jeff9373

jeff9373 New Member

red devil

I would also go with the red devil or the oscar both are very cool I just bought a baby tiger oscar and he is just awsome he already knows when feeding time is and gets upset when i am not right on time

6. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

oscar i love em best fish i have ever owned

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Get something unusual everyone has an oscar, not that I don't like them. I love oscars, but go for something unusual and if not get the next best thing, an oscar.

8. tina1

tina1 New Member

Green terror :eek: But I don't think it will be big enough for an adult as an adult green terror is 12" long and a standard 55 is only 12" wide.