1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

if thinking about fostering?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by yogi, Jun 8, 2005.

1. yogi

yogi New Member

I formerly rescued with IMPS and evaluated dogs for them for possible adoption. The problem is that until the foster is actually in your home will you truly realize if there is a problem. My sister was fostering Dalmations for awhile until one attacked and severly hurt her sheltie..These types of actions will not necessarily be evident if you are taking your dogs to meet the foster...Just an FYI. Fostering is a good thing but if you do not feel comfortable than there is a reason and no one can or should blame you for having reservations or second thoughts. Our hearts are in the right place when we do this because of the love we have and the need to help so it is difficult when reality steps in and you realize you overlooked a few things before making the decision. When it is all said and done it is your decision. good luck.

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

There are precautions you have to make, of course. Introducing your dogs to the new dogs on neutral territory is just the beginning. Then you have to introduce them in your home and watch for problems and have everyone on leashes just in case. And I would NEVER leave a foster alone with my dogs.

In my case, I am considering fostering SMALL dogs. My 50-pound dogs will most likely be safe from the little tykes, although of course bites could still happen.

Also in my case, the foster organization understands my reservations completely and will work with me to answer any questions and find a way I can help in whatever capacity I can handle - be it fostering full time, vacation care, or just walking through shelters or doing fence checks.

3. yogi

yogi New Member

glad to hear this

many take this on and really are not as prepared as they think and it is really no fault of their own. As stated, their hearts are in the right place.
    Good luck.

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Hehe, I don't think ANYONE is ever prepared for the full reality of it before they start. But after they do it for a while, they can't imagine doing anything else.