1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

If your dog could give you a nickname, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

I know we ALL have a bunch of nicknames for our dogs and that got me to wondering if those little canine brains have created nicknames for us.
    I am pretty sure my boys have one for me. "Ol' Butt Scratcher"
    After feeding, that does seem to be my main function as far as they are concerned. :D

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

:lol: :lol:

I cant even imagine what mine would call me.... :shock:

3. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

mine would probably come up with some insult in love, just as i always call them weirdos (because of their little quirks) and dingbats (at those times when i am either getting dragged around the neighborhood by them on their leashes, or when i give them too much freedom and am chasing them down, we are still trying to find the perfect balance with snickers being thrown into the mix.)

4. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

I'm fairly certain the names I've been called during baths, toe nail tirms and ear cleaning wouldn't be printable.

But there are times when I'm probably 'The Shoulder', as that's where the boy likes to sit and look out the window. I'm probably 'The Heater' when in the midst of a hot flash. But then, that probably turns into one of those unprintable ones when I shoo him away, because I don't need any added heat at the time.

5. Sara

Sara New Member

LOL that's funny...

"Tough Gal" is what the Boerboels would be calling me...and... "momma" I'm sure...

The Pit Bulls... "Twit"?

6. someday

someday New Member

oh...i'm sure Annie refers to me as the "treat dispenser", and a very easily operated one at that. I'm also "rope tugger"
    and Annie's dad is "floor mat"

7. Sara

Sara New Member

Oh yeah dad... Boerboels for dad : Savior

HJ for Dad is: Twit
    and Monty : Hero...

HJ thinks Everyone is a twit I'm sure...then again with a nickname like Diva...what else should we expect.

8. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

How about "servant"? Or "butler"? I would think that it wouldn't be that complimentary though...I feel like they don't think I'm very bright.

9. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Oh Lordy, Dukesdad! When I first read your post, I thought Ol' Butt Scratcher, you must be talking about your own. Then I had a fond memory of my dear Great Uncle Roy, may he rest in peace. Finally it "clicked" and I thought, you must have meant the dogs' butts.

All I can say is my dogs just think of me as MOM. They appreciate everything I do for them and they just wuv me.

10. Rene

Rene New Member

I think mine would call me sucker cuz all they have to do is give me the look and they can have what ever they want lol

11. 2pyrs

2pyrs New Member

SUCKER

They know a smile just makes me melt.

2pyrs

12. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

CatWoman...I foster cats and Sadie practically rolls her eyes for every newbie coming in and a sigh of relief when they leave LOL

that or "keeper of the food"

13. horse_child

horse_child New Member

lol loves-da-pits, i thought the exact same thing. I was trying to figure out how giving them food and that all tied together. lol

Depends on when the situation:
    Taking a bath : unprintable names
    Fetching sticks from the river: hero
    out for a hike: worry-wort (she's always to far from me it seems like)
    dragging her away from something dead: idiot
    On a float: hero
    just out playing around: mom
    on the way to the vet: worry-wort again (i'm always worried she'll be sick)
    when I'm talking to her: idiot
    when i make her leave the fire: dummy
    so i range from hero to unprintable names depending on the mood and situation. lol