1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ignorant pit bull Ads

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Angie, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Angie

Angie New Member

What are "many breeds of pit bulls"?

Purebred but not registered?

Also, look at these pups how cute!
    [​IMG]

2. Sara

Sara New Member

If they have records of the bloodlines the puppies could be registered as single dogs... Prolly the people don't know or don't care to register the female but have her bloodlines...it's very possible... With the Boerboels My female Askari is registered but not with the main club and cannot be because her four gen. pedigree is incomplete...that is because her paperwork wasn't received by the puppymiller that imported her and didn't pay for her...so she didn't get her paperwork from the breeder... Anyway to make a long story short...her parents and pedigree can be completed via others in the breed who know her and her parents and breeders...however...she can not be registered with the parent club because of the shady "purchase" of the dog by the miller... she's registered with US registries etc... Askari can't be registered in our main club that I support because of color...her puppies can be if their paperwork and color can be verified...

It's very possible to have paperwork on a dog, horse etc...and not to have them registered... I don't feel it's a bad thing at all if it can all be documented and the health tests have been completed on the parents...otherwise I'd take a puppy free from the litter or pay $50 without a guarantee...I'd also give the breeder a peice of my mind and likely they are just ignorant about what to do to be responsible as a breeder...first litter likely and no mentor...

3. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Beyond ignorant, I'm going to email them and see what "breeds" they have and act like an interested buyer.

You can have a purebred who isn't registered. People may not keep track of paperwork or buy a purebred without papers. There are also sham registries like CKC&APBR that will "registerer" your unregistered dog. Basically they give you a little certificate and then people think they are getting real registered dogs but those dogs are nothing more then unregistered dogs with a worthless piece of paper. I wonder how much this person breeds because I've seen an ad very similar a few times in the past on different ad boards same bloodline and NO FIGHTING and the female not being registered. Could just be chance but it might be the same person who keeps breeding and breeding.

4. Sara

Sara New Member

So... If it's not the second ad's first litter...then I definately see a problem...if it's a normal cycle... And you'll have to tell us what the other people tell you as far as the "breeds" of pit bull they produce...and their response to your inquiry.

5. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I cant say for sure that it is, but it sure does have A LOT of similarities. Yeah I see a problem too, byb thats almost a puppymill. But even if its their first litter its still a problem IMO. For most even if its their first it won't be their last, they'll keep on breeding this way.

I will be sure to let you all know what I get in response to the "different breeds" lol. I'm going to check my email now.

6. Auspetian

Auspetian Administrator Staff Member

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that i had to edit the personal info listed in your posts.
    There are many legal implications involved in posting ones personal details without him/her knowing about it or approve it. You can exchange such info via PM if you wish to contact this person(s) regarding his/hers ads. Please don't post it over a public board it can turn into a real legal headache for us. :y_the_best:

7. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I know what they mean by the "different breed" of pit bulls. I saw this ad and website today and they have Shovel Head Pit Bulls.

Someone ask me awhile back if my Reese was a "shovel head" and I didn't know what they were talking about.

It just so happens that this breeder is in my neighborhood. I think I will go check out his Shovel Heads and see what kind of so called kennel he has. Usually Pits raised in the "Slope" are raised for only one thing.

8. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

What other "breeds" do these people have besides the "shovel heads"?

9. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

The other day I saw a website with "shovelhead" pit bulls, and it made me think of your old post. I wonder who looked at their undoubtably monster sized dog one day and decided it had a big old "shovelhead"?

10. Angie

Angie New Member

Sorry, I didn't realize. :oops:
    Thanks for the edit in the posts and in the subject title.

Also, I went back and looked at the ads. The one with the 'many breeds' is from Deridder, Louisiana.

11. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I thought I pasted the website for the Shovel Head Pit Bulls. Maybe it was edited.

[Link removed by admin - we should know better.]

12. Angie

Angie New Member

Ok, so they are saying this is a 'shovel head'

[​IMG]

13. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Sorry Admin. I do know better. It's just all of us TRUE pitbull lovers and pitbull rescuers are getting sick of the sterotype negative depiction of pitbulls. Breeders are poorly breeding with the intent of creating a more menacing looking pit. And the people that spend the money to buy these dogs are looking for just that.

I don't know my bloodlines, but this is the line of dogs they have.

The Notorious Juan Gotty
    King Henry
    Mikeland's Blue Gator
    Capone
    Newtroijans Monster G

So I assume this is one of those "different breed" of pit bulls.

14. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

I'm not sure about those others, but a lot of peddlers are selling pups down of Juan Gotty. Here's a pic of him:

[​IMG]

15. Angie

Angie New Member

I don't like that dog.
    The next time I get a dog, I want it to be like this one, this is my favorite!

[​IMG]

:D

16. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Me too!!! LOL!!! Thats my idol dog!!

17. Angie

Angie New Member

LOL! me too!
    I love that dog and I never even met her! lol
    But if I ever get another dog, i want one like her!
    :D

18. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Okay I'm just not seeing that at all? My dogs heads have a similar wedge shape (like they are supposed to have), except it isn't over dramaticized. But thats looking more like an American Bulldog to me, not an American Pit Bull Terrier. Maybe its just me. People come up with some crazy stuff to sell their dogs.

Oh yeah and they never replied to my email.

19. Auspetian

Auspetian Administrator Staff Member

Those questionable breeders get a lot of promotion when a link to their site is being included over a post here (these boards are being viewed by thousands of ppl daily). I'm sure that it is the last thing we want to give them, more promotion, more clients.

We normally don't remove links to informative pages (care or training articles, news clips etc.).

Have a great weekend :y_the_best: