1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I'm Horrified and Appalled...

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Ok. I just went to Fiesta here in Rosenberg, and got asight I never wanted to ever see.
    There is a whole "gang" and I mean that litterally of teenage boys trying to sell the's "Bad Ass Pits" THere is aparently 2 litters of puppies. One is only 5 weeks old, the other are supposively 7 weeks but look more like 3-4. THey are emaciated, have huge worm bellies, bones potruding form everywhere.

I acted like nothing was wrong. Cooed and goochied them all, carefully inspecting them. HTey are horiendous. Most have scabies or mange. One looks like its possibly blind. They also had two rat terrier puppies in a rusted wire cage. They looked just as bad. Both looked like they had Parvo....there was bloody diareha in the cage.

SO I was acting all intrested and asked how much, they told me they wanted ...and hold on to your seats....$175!!!!
    I was like WHAT!!!!

SO I asked if they had papers, NO, wormed, NO, vaccinated, NO.....I asked the bloodlines, he said he didn't know. SO he goes on to show me the daddy (that they had chained to the truck) and I almost broke down in tears. He was all scared up in the face, had open wounds on his legs.

As outrageous and unbelieveable as it sounds, I'm telling every bit of the truth.
    Then they go on to tell me how h e's never lost a fight, and He recently killed a "dane" within 2 minutes...
    The poor dog just looked at me with fearful eyes. Then he hits him, and the dog growels. The guy was like "see, he's a Mother ****in' bad A$$"
    I was horrified. I told him, I'd be back.

SO I go inot the store. Get what I needed and called Animal control, they siad there was nothing they could do since they belonged to some one! I said, so they can litterally kill these dogs and you wont' do anything!! they told me yes. Unless it was a stray animal, they couldn't do anything. SO I called the Houston SPCA. HTe lady that answered the phone told me they couldn't do anything either. I could call back during regular business hours and put in an abuse complaint. Then the detectives would investigate.

I asked the boys what htye were going to do if they don't sell them. And one of them said under their breath thinking I couldn't hear or something "throw them to beast". And the guy was going on telling me that he'd be there till they were gone.

I'm sooo up set. If I had the money, I'd buy them all!!! If it was legal, I'd kill the people. I don't know what to do. People are walking buy them, just shaking their heads. One lady got irate withthem. and they started cussing her out!!!!

What do I do now!!!

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Sam, that is just disgusting, I cant believe animal cotnrol hS wont do anything, isnt against the law to sell pups below a certain age?? as for teh dad, I cant beleive when you tell them he ahs wounds they just say not my problem. ohhh Please follow up on this. Even though the dogs have an owner they are abused I thought ey could confiscate

honeybear

3. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Go back and see if the boys are there. Does the Fiesta continue tomorrow? Maybe the boys will be back to sell the dogs. If so, say you're interested in buying a dog but you can't pick the pup up just yet, you'll have to go to their home to get it, get their address and or phone number. Give them a $10 deposit to hold the pup. Go to the address, look the place over, if it looks like crap and the dogs are abused, call SPCA and make a complaint. They do only investigate on complaint basis only.

When telling the boys are interested, really play up the part like you really want a "bad azz" fighting dog. That way they won't become suspicious.

4. nern

nern New Member

This is so very sad and disgusting. I am horrified that the SPCA can't do anything to help these dogs!! :x Why are people allowed to get away with this??

5. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Oh, please, please, please follow up on this. Call the SPCA during operating hours and lodge a complaint. Is there something else you can get the police to arrest them for? Selling illegally, loitering, anything?! At least that way the cops could call the SPCA and get the pups and dad taken care of. I wish you luck in getting through the red tape.

6. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Oh sams that's horrilbe!! I hope they get caught and the dogs can get some help. keep us posted!

7. Samsintentions

I went back Saturday Morning and they weren't there. So I drove around town thinking that they would show up later (dumb me thought druggies would be out at 8am on a saturday!!!) Anyhow, I stopped by the office and talked for a little while, and then as I was leaving I noticed guys down a bit from Fiesta (this was around 10) and it was them!!! So I pulled up and this time they had dad and one less pup. (Guess they got lucky and sold one, or someone took it out of pitty).
    Anyhow. I flirted (the best I could giving my enraged state) and the guy was all hitting on me and stuff. He actually gave me his phone number!! So I took it asked where he lived and you won't believe this....he told me!!!

SO I acted like I REALLY wanted a pup, and he got to telling me that he'd discount one and everything. He actually admitted that he had to get rid of them because the mother was up for a fight and couldn't have "milk bags" as he put it, in the ring. So I asked where the fight was going to be held so "I could see what she was really like in action". He told me....

I got ahold of SPCA, again they won't do anything....So I drove by the place he told me he lived. I really couldn't see anything, the house was a mess, more cars on blocks in the driveway, than a junk yard....he had one dog (a mixbreed lab maybe with some chow???I couldn't really tell ) chaine dto the front porch. ( I knew this was his house, he told me he had a black dog out front, and a swing out by the road in a tree for his little girl)
    I drove by slowly, and they have a privacy fence up all the way around. You could here dogs barking. SO I took down the address....

I'm calling again and I'm going to talk to someone. This is flat out rediculous. They show them on TV like theya re the BIG TIME HEROS....well now we know what its really like.

I covered myself though. I told the guy my name was Cheryl, and that I didn't have a cell phone so he couldn't calle me. I know he got a look at my truck, but I doubt he was smart enough to get my licence plate #. I told him we'd meet up...and we will, when he's behind bars!!!

8. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Sams: That's great!!! You got the phone number AND the address.
    Now, just keep calling in your complaint. Have some other people you know call and complain, also. Nobody has to worry because info given is confidential.

If you got any info on their dog fighting activities, tell the police. I hope these guys get what's coming to them.

9. Samsintentions

I do too. I'll keep yall posted. I wish I could have taken photos. But that would have really set them off.

Thisone mexican guy had a large knife on his belt.... I knew they didn't take any crap. And I wasn't about to put myself in a position I couldn't handle.
    The cop at Fiesta called me. He wanted to know if anything has been done yet. I told him whats going on, he's really ticked. He told me if he see's them again. He'll give them a ticket for ANYTHING he can find wrong. He's called the SPCA, but got no where with them either.

10. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Sams you be careful, People that live this way don't always have respect for other peoples lives. Hope you can take this guy down.

11. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Sam do fighting is illeagel at l;east here it is . be sure and let the cops know where it will be andf the rest of them people. I hop[e they get whats coming to them but please be careful.

12. Samsintentions

Oh I am. Safety is one of my main concerns.

The fight is supposed to be going down tomorow night. I want to go in the sence that I want to be there when they all get arrested, then I can help all the dogs, but then again, its a very dangerous thing, and I'm not so sure I want to put myself in that place, Besides I could get arrested for being there regardless why...

The officer said he would go undercover. But he doubts highly he'll be let in. He claims that these things are very secretive and everyone knows everyone. They can also spot a cop easily...I told him he'd just have to be good. He laughed at me...

13. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Thats true you could get arrested unless the police know you are working with them, make sure they know. I'd go down to the station and talk with the captain or someone high up. You know it may be worth it for you to let them see you get arrested too, that way they can't say it was you. If you ever see the guy again, tell him you have no interest in getting put in jail again and will not be seeing him again. LOL Hope thing go smoothly. Be careful.

14. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

OHHHH!!!! I would love to be there!!! I would love to see them busted, handcuffed, and have their rights read to them. I would love to be there to look them in the eye and laugh. I would love to see the look on their faces as someone takes their precious money making dogs and take them away. I would love to be sitting in the courtroom as the Judge sentences them to jail time.

15. Samsintentions

Well I've already asked that when it goes down, and it will go down, I want the dogs surrendered to me. I will test, and place them in appropriate homes, or other rescue organizations. They said ok. Now I just have to wait, and when it happens, do all the paperwork.

GINAH: If and when this goes down. would you be willing to foster some of the dogs? Or know someone who can? All shipping charges will be paid for of course, Let me know.
    I've got two rescue groupd here that are waiting and willing as well.

16. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

You r sooo nice Sams!!! I hope you get all the dogs handed over to u so u can make sure they get nice homes. I too would love to c those guys get busted. and I cant believe the ASPCA wouldn't do anything on the ASPCA shows they like answer every call and check out all complaints. KEEP TRYING

17. lil96

lil96 New Member

you are just too crazy! I would be so afraid these guys would come after me! We got your back incase anything happens (it might take us a few days to get to you though!)

18. Samsintentions

Glad to know that!!!

No, I'm a very safe person and I do have a closet full of guns. Besides, How would they know where to look for me??? I like 48 miles away! LOL...

Anyhow. Its tonight. I've got a late closing, so I should be getting outta here later. which means I have to pick up my new family memeber later, and then drive around and see if its going down.... The cops are really heavy in that area today, SO atleast their aware and ready for it.

I think I figured out why they are having it today. They must thikn the police will have their hands full doing security for the polls for the election today, so it was a good distraction. NOT!!! LOL.... Their gonna get busted, and I'm all giddy about it!!

19. lil96

lil96 New Member

ahh these guys with their cleverness! you never know when the police will have to go to the polls to stop rioting! I never would have thought about that, they aren't as dumb as I thought! hehe I hope everything works out!

20. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Let us know how it turns out! I'm rooting for you and the poor doggies.