1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I'm running away ...

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Bente, May 14, 2008.

1. Bente

Bente New Member

...from this flea-circus. Yup, that's right, Kyrre has brought home bird-fleas (if that's what it's called in English). Luckily they don't reproduce (?) on cats and humans, but as long as Kyrre is chasing birds they will keep hiking with him (the fleas, not the birds). I bought this spray at the petstore to use on Kyrre's fur, so that the fleas are not attracted by him. Hopefully that helps :)

But over to the "running away", we're going on a holiday to Croatia on May 17th, and staying a week :D So I won't be around much in the days to come. The people we rent from is coming over tomorrow to get to know Kyrre; they're taking care of him while we're away. I feel bad leaving him home alone, but hopefully he won't miss us too much since he'll be able to spend some time outside during the day.

2. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Bente have a great time on your vacation!!! hope that you get some good R&R!!!!

Sorry to hear about the fleas!!!! At least they don't bother the others and you!!!!!

You'll be missed while your away both by all of us and your fur babies!!! But all will be ok..

3. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Have a good trip! I'm sure Kyrre will be fine, but it's always hard to leave the little ones behind!

4. Bente

Bente New Member

Thanks HDrydr and Halaroo :D

Oh they bother me allright, I look like I've been to a mosquito war... And it itches, I'm going crazy! :( My bf doesn't seem to react at all, so I guess I'm allergic and hes not. Luckily the fleas doesn't cary any infections, and they die within a week or so when they're in an indoor clima. I've changed the sheets, vacuumed the whole apartment and sprayed Kyrres fur with the anti-flea thing, so I hope they're all gone now.

5. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Oh sorry Bente.... I hope that they are all gone and that your skin heals........... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

6. vene

vene New Member

Enjoy your vaca. I hope your skin irritation will get better soon. Have a safe and fun trip! :eek:

7. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Have a great trip Bente. He'll be happy to see you when you get back.

8. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Awwwwwwwww hope I'm not too late..
    Have a blast Bente :eek: :eek:
    (((((((Hugs))))))))) to Kyrre too..

:mrgreen:

9. Bente

Bente New Member

I'm home again, and it sure feels good :D We had a great vacation, but I missed my Kyrre :mrgreen:

10. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Welcome home Bente!! I bet Kyrre missed you too!!! How are the bird fleas......

11. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Welcome home Bente :eek: :eek:
    I was just thinking the same as hdrydr..How is it all going

12. vene

vene New Member

Welcome back Bente! :eek:

13. Bente

Bente New Member

Thank you :D It seems like the bird fleas are gone :eek: At least I hope so, I got two more bites the day I got home, but haven't felt anything since. We also don't allow Kyrre in the bedroom as much as we used to. Offcourse I cave in now and then :wink:

Here are some pictures from Croatia for those of you who are interested:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v391/ ... mview=grid

14. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Beautiful pictures, Bente. I'm glad you had a great time. I'm sure Kyrre missed you lots while you were gone.

15. vene

vene New Member

Great pictures! Great vaca! I should've stowed away in your luggage. :mrgreen:

16. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Great pictures!!! looks beautiful