1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Im so grossed out

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by winnie, Oct 15, 2006.

1. winnie

winnie New Member

This might seem silly but I cant deal with dead animals, especially mice and birds...ewwwwww.

I just went outside and saw my cat playing with a dead baby mouse, I cant even get myself to go out there and remove it. Im so freaked, I dont know why im like this.

Lastweek I found a dead mouse in my pool filter, and two weeks before that I saw two of my cats stalking and attacking a bird, who survived but didnt live too much longer after.

Before my BF was living with me so he took care of that stuff, but now we broke up and I cant deal!

There must be a mouse nest or whatever it is that mice have, somewhere close by.

Anyone else get like this? And what do you do? I seriously dont want to go out there with the dead mouse and I certainly dont want to touch it or move it. Will it hurt my cat if she ate it? ewwwww.

Oh I just remembered an other incident but it involoved my dogs. I went out back to get them one day and they wouldnt come to me, which is unusual. They were all by the same part of the fence, and when i went to investigate I found a dead crow,90% eaten, mostly bones. Oh my god I filpped out and this was back when we were scared of the bird flu and the mosquitos, so i had no choice but to bag it and dispose of it, I had chills running up my back and I wanted to vomit.(Dogs where ok didnt get sick)

This stuff always seems to happen to me.
    Anyone else?

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

easy fix with the cats - keep them in.
    I don't know if you have West Nile Virus but it's a real disease from birds and we have it here in New England. It's transmitted from mosquitoes to birds and can also be transmitted to mammals. If I found a dead crow anywhere under any circumstances I'd be getting it tested. The West Nile they find here is primarily in crows.
    And yes I can't pick up dead rodents either. Zeus gets them in the house once in awhile. If I am home alone I grab an old sock, put in on my hand and pick up the rodent that way and toss it very far into the woods. Throw old sock away. I keep my son and husband's old socks for dusting (great way to dust wearing them on my hands).
    Since my cats don't go outside I don't have to worry about poor dead or dying birds although when I had Sessy I had my share. The worse was the chipmunks. That broke my heart. Sessy would break them so they couldn't walk anymore so I'd get home from work and see a poor alive chipmunk on my walkway who was paralyzed from a broken back. Once it could't run anymore Sessy was bored with it.
    I couldn't bring myself to kill them so my husband would when he got home. Poor little things.
    I do not miss that now that my cats are inside only. I don't have to deal with dead, or dying, little creatures and most mice that Zeus gets in the house (which is very seldom) I can get away from him and take to the neighbor's house

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Winnie. I never did get use to my cats bringing home their "gifts" for us. Even though Juliet is an indoor cat, she still has caught a few birds from the top balcony.