1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Im so stressed!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by honeybears, Aug 27, 2004.

1. honeybears

honeybears New Member

this should probably go on the other board but i dont hang out there so here goes.

I am going on vacation starting next Friday to Ireland and Italy for 2 weeks You would think I would be ecstatic, but I am freaking out over terror threats in Italy and would just as soon as cancel my trip.

We have friends that moved to irleand and invited us over, we decided since we are over thre where do we want to go, since this will be a once in a lifetime trip, lets go to Italy

I Have already changed one place I am staying in Italy because I didnt want to be out in the boonies, ( I might get kidnapped!) then I reserved part of transportation on a train, then cancelled. I am not getting on a train!
    And to make matters worse I found a website that give terrror aler yupdates and has on there terroirists have targeted specific dates while we are there! and dont go to where people congregate, Hello, I am going to Rome, of coarse there are going to be people there, stay away from nightclubs, etc.

I have to write a will this week-end to make sure my gang are taken care of. I think my brother will take them. As it is I have anxiety/panic attacks, so all of this has sent me over the edge

every one tells me if its your time its your time. i tell them you dont understand I have always had death anxiety issues so thats not going to cut it,
    wew, okay I feel a little better getting that off my chest

honeybear

2. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

honeybears: There's a book, maybe you've heard of it, "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" by Dr. Joseph Murphy. It's like my Bible. It tells how each of us have a powerful tool within our subconscious mind to be able to achieve anything we want. People have been know to use their mind in healing diseases, unbelievable strengths, calming fears and phobias. Too much to explain.

But if you have a book store near you, it's really great. That and study up on meditation. Maybe reading this will free up your mind of your anxiety and fear so you can enjoy the beauty of Italy and Ireland.

That's my goal someday to go to Ireland. Right now all my positive energies are going into our business and making it a success. For now I'll just have to listen to your tales when you get back. :D

Keep telling yourself you're going to have an absolutely wonderful time. And you will. I just know you will :!:

3. puggleowner

puggleowner New Member

I"m not trying to throw in religion by any means, but there is a great series of books, "Conversations with God," that follows the same line of thinking, that it is actually our collective thoughts that can change what happens to us. If we think nothing but negative thoughts, then a negative energy is created that is so powerful that it can actually effect time and space, and therefore the course of events. I am like you honeybear- I worry about everything and always have anxiety about death or being caught in a horrible situation, but those books have really helped me and taught me to think positively. Don't worry- you are going to have a great time! Europe, what a wonderful opportunity! All of my relatives live in the Netherlands but I have yet to take a trip there to visit. I really want to some day.

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I also believe in the power of positive thinking - and the reverse as well! I have a friend who insists he is "cursed" and everything bad that can go wrong, does. I have actually observed it in action - and I believe it is a result of his negative thinking!

Anyway, try to relax and have a great time! I would LOVE to go Ireland and Italy. Just use common sense. There have been multiple potential targets and dates for terrorism in the U.S. since 9/11 and none of them have happened. You will be fine!

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

thanks everyone, I will look up those books. I have been sick too and this is not helping me get better. Luckily I dont live in NYC or I would probably being seeing a shrink :(

Okay now nothing but positive thoughts :D

honeybear

6. Jas

Jas New Member

Try not to worry too much, you are not going alone so that is a plus and even better you are meeting up with friends. Just remember that thousands of people travel there and back and around safely everyday despite threats. You'll be alright Honeybear! Try not to look at that site or the media too much! Oftentimes things are blown way out of proportion - you know how the media is.

Just think of all the beauty and amazing sites you are about to see! You're very lucky! :)

7. Rene

Rene New Member

honeybear i agree with Jas you are going to have a wonderful time and see such pretty things cant wait to hear about them

Have a great time and dont worry

8. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Honeybears when my husband was in the military we traveled a lot all over the US and over seas and I to had some of the same worries you have. And many times I missed out on what could have been once in a lifetime experiences because of Fear of the unknown. IM a big time worrier! I worried about things that most likely would have never happened. OK IM going to get a little off track here...In 1997 I was feeling Ill all the time and so finally after months of going to different doctors and still having this unexplained sickness I was diagnosed with stage two breast cancer at the age of 23. I under went chemotherapy and radiation therapy for 16 weeks and everyday I prayed I would get better and I promised myself that I would get better and things would be OK. They had to be I had two little boys and a husband who needed me. I did get better of course and I went into full remission. But I was still a big worrier so bad in fact I went to my doctors and begged to have a Mastectomy. I felt like if I had it done there would be nothing for me to worry about. My doctors of course told me no way that there was no need for a mastectomy because the cancer had been caught soon enough and the chances of it returning were not that great. So I went to another doctor who was a money grubbing jerk and he agreed to do the mastectomy. My husband and family were totally against it and tried to persuade me not to go through with it. But I did. And so for two years I wore prosthetics and still worried about getting cancer. Then in 2000 after the birth of my third son I again had another cancer scare both lymph nodes under my arms became enlarged to the size of golfballs which was a sign the cancer had returned. So anyhow I had never been a very religious person (my next few statements are not in any way me trying to force religion on you.) So one day while I was picking up my son from school I ran into an old friend who asked me to come to a woman's bible study group with her. Me not really being a Christian and not attending church I felt weird about it but I went anyway. And it turned out to be a turning point in my life after several bible study courses I truly found God. And to make a very long story short God took away my worries and my health fears diminished. I went into the doctor a week later to get the test results back from the biopsy that had been performed and found out the results were negative. I was cancer free! And now at the age of 31 I still am and I got a brand new set of Boobs and am no longer that dooms day person I used to be. My life is now happy and full... of course I still worry from time to time but nothing like I used to. Sorry I did not mean to sit here and type my life story I guess I got a little carried away. Anyhow I hope you have a wonderful time in Europe. Best Wishes and try not to worry. :lol:

http://peterwade.com/

9. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Gina: :m5: WAY TO GO!!!

I'm truly inspired!!

10. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Wow Gina. I never would have guessed. Your a beautiful woman!!! Your definatly a true Hero. Especially after everything you've been through, and continue to deal with.

11. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Honebears... hon, I "feel your pain"... I'm the biggest worry wart also.... but "happy thoughts, happy thoughts" :)

Gina...KUDOS TO YOU, SISTER!!! :) I appreciate you sharing your story with us and am inspired as well. My family is a big ole melting pot of breast cancer. It's pretty much hit every woman on my mom's side of the family, so my dr. has been extra precautious with me too... anyhow, just wanted to tell you "thanks for the inspiration!!"

12. Jules

Jules New Member

Yes, thanks for sharing, Gina...
    It sounds like we are all a bunch of worry warts! I have an anxiety problem too, honeybear, and I have found that meditation is fantastic. If you can find some meditation classes to go to they are great. They are all different though, so if you don't like one, try another. I find the benefits don't come about immediately, but when you have been doing it regularly, you really see the benefits.
    Whenever people talk about going os, you always hear the risks and the horror stories. People are more inclined to talk about the bad, rather than the good. The media is also good at making people fearful. There is risk everywhere. People travel around everyday though, just remember that.
    Keep up that positive thinking and have a wonderful time!

13. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Gina, thank you for sharing your story., and glad to hear you are doing well, it snice to hear others hav ehte same problem, mos tof the time I think I am the only person that feels this way.

I havnet been very spiritual and and to try to get better in that aspect. I am going to do a lot of reading up on it on the plane.

thanks for all of you wonderfuol thoughts and I glad I ma not he only one, that feaks out over everything. You have mad eme realize to get get those bad thoughts out of my head, what wever they my be and THINK POSITIVE :D :D

honeybear

14. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Don't forget to pack me in your luggage so I can go, too... :wink:

15. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Honeybears, I know how you feel. My closest friend left on Sunday for Israel for a month. She insists that she will be fine and that where her family lives is not in the "midst" of the fighting, yet I still worry.

Just practice safety like how you would in any strange place and have a blast! If we all hide from possible terror threats forever then they win.

Have a great trip and take lots of pics for us to see!

16. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Jiniya, DI ont know if I could fit you in, I am trying to travel light :D

bullylove, I know hubbies old compnay was sold to an isreali company and he had to go over a few times so as usual I was a nverous wreck worrying

I now have a digital camera, just need to figure out how to use it and post pics.

honeybear

17. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Ahem. Are you trying to say something about my weight?? :m36:

18. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I meant the size of the suitcase not the weight :mrgreen:

but that may still be a problem and I have my whole closet laid out to bring

honeybear

19. Jules

Jules New Member

My partner is os at the moment... he should be in Spain by now I think! When he was packing, he had his suitcase opened out on the bed so I curled up inside it and yelled out to him (he was in the other room) "I PACKED SOMETHING FOR YOU THAT YOU FORGOT!!!" Man did I have to wait ages for him to come back in the room!
    Honeybear I practise meditation and do yoga aswell (also really beneficial) but I'm not religious. I don't think I believe in a god... I guess I just wasn't brought up in a religious family. I always think of my god as being 'mother nature' !! ok, so I'm strange! If you ever need to talk about anxiety and panic attacks etc you are most welcome to pm me. I get symptoms of panic attacks, and my doctor says that's what i have, but I don't reckon that I do. But I guess it's different for everyone. Ever tried a diary? Maybe if you write down some of the things you worry about, you can also work out why it's useless worrying. I started that, but have been slack lately.

I was worried about my partner because when he was booking his tickets there was some worry about terrorist attacks in Paris. He's going there. But occasionally we hear that Australia is a target too, so it may even happen here. I'm not bothering to worry about him now, he'll be right!!

20. Jas

Jas New Member

It's ok Honeybear Jamiya likes to fly 'A La Cargo' so you won't need to carry her!

:0023: