1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

In memory of Pinky

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by GinaH, Dec 9, 2004.

1. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Hey guys I just wanted to let you all know that I lost my sweet Pinky this morning. During the night Monday she woke me up crying out and whimpering. She had lost all control of her bowels and was barely able to walk. I called her vet at 3 am and ended up taking her into his office at 5 am after running several tests we knew right away that she had kidney and liver failure. My family and I spent most of the day yesterday with her praying and hoping for a miracle. But sadly Pinky's condition worsened and I had to make the decision to have her PTS. It was the hardest decision I have ever had to make. But I know in my heart that Pinky was happy and she knew how much she was loved. My last and final gesture to her was hand to cheek which means kiss. She kissed me and my husband good-bye and silently drifted away. For those of you who read this and didn't know of Pinky she was deaf but even with her disability she was still an amazing smart, sweet & loving dog. Pinky was a true ambassador of the breed. My heart is broken and I am finding Pinky's passing very hard to handle. I believe strongly in God and I know all things happen for a reason but how do you explain to three heart broken children how or why God took Pinky so soon after losing Izzy? I can't stop crying even my husband needed time alone today to cry and grieve for Pinky. Most of you all know how special Pinky was to me she was a very special dog. We buried Pinky in our yard this afternoon next to Izzy. Thankfully it was a bright sun shiny day. Pinkys bells which she wore around her neck when she was a baby (used to locate her if she were to wonder off) are now hanging on my office door as a constant reminder of the love and happiness she brought into my life. Every year my husband and I make a donation to the "Tree of Life Foundation" a charity which caters to underprivileged children in our area so this year we are making the donation in Pinky's name. Pinky was dearly loved and will be greatly missed.

[​IMG]

2. lil96

lil96 New Member

I am so sorry Gina, I just don't know what to say or do, this is such an incredibly difficult time for you, I know your dogs are all very important, but Pinky was the most special, she was such a beautiful and smart dog, not many dogs could brave all the thigs she has. Izyy was a wonderful dog too, It is just such a pity you had to lose both of them so close together. Maybe you can tell the kids that God wanted Pinky to be able to hear him or something? That is always difficult, I wish you the best of luck and hugs and kisses to you and your family!!

3. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am. Pinky was a very special little girl that I always brought up in conversation when talking about special pitties. She definitely left her little paw print on my heart.

Goodbye Sweet Pinky.

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I'm very sorry for your loss Gina. I'm sure that Pinky touched many people in her time with you and am sure she will be missed greatly.

5. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

I am so so sorry Gina. I'm crying reading your post. Your love for Pinky is flowing through an inanimate machine, I can only imagine what Pinky felt coming from you in person. How lucky you both were to have that special love and bond. For whatever time God granted. And now she is a whole perfect girl again in heaven. Hearing all of her family cry out their love and grief for her. What a beautiful gift you and Pinky gave to one another. I envy how strongly you feel her loss, it shows how deeply you loved her.

She was an amazing, special, bright, beautiful girl. Who was loved and blessed with a family who shared her own qualities and recognized them in her despite her disability.

Bless you Gina and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all as well as Pinky. May God grant all of you the peace and contentment that he has gifted to Pinky.

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I am so sorry to hear this, Gina!! I had hoped you and Pinky would have more time together. At least she passed quickly and in the company of those who loved her. It will be a source of comfort to you knowing that much at least.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

7. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Gina, I am crying for your loss, she was such a special girl. Even though Izzy and Pinky were with you a short time they were deeply loved and taken care of by you and you family and in their own way showed you love and compassion in return.

Honeybear

8. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

OH Gina. I'm sooo soooo soo sorry. To you and your family you have my deepest condolences.

Pinky was great. I know she had her moments, but despite all her obsticles you helped her overcome, you never gave up. YOu loved her and every one of us knows that you along with her are very special.

Don't grieve for her loss. Celebrate the life she lived, and the wonderful home you gave her. Had it been anyone else, I doubt they would have gone to the lenghts you did to help her.

We all love you, and we're all here for you. Perhaps God has something up his sleeve for you? I have a gut feeling something great is coming your way.

Let me know if you need anything.....

9. asdmom

asdmom New Member

gina i said it on TP but i just thought i'd let you know again just how sorry i am for your loss. :cry:

10. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Thank you all for your condolences it means so much to me. You are all such special beautiful people. It makes me feel good to know I have such a wonderful support group.

P.S
    For those of you who Pm'ed me for some reason I am unable to send Pm's :( But here's my email address. Reginaha04@aol.com

11. Rene

Rene New Member

Gina i'm so sorry for your loss i know how much you loved her

12. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Gina, I just don't have the right words to say that are in my heart right now. Its more of a feeling of heart brokeness for you and your family. Sooo sorry for your loss Gina, ((((((((HUGS)))))))) :cry: The right words to say to your children will come.

13. nern

nern New Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss Gina. :cry:

14. Angie

Angie New Member

Gina, maybe you could tell your kids that God wanted Pinky and Izzy to be together... maybe that will help?
    Just a thought.
    Goodluck with helping them to understand and trying to make it a bit easier.

15. mamabear_34

mamabear_34 New Member

Gina, I am so very very sorry for you and your families loss!! I cried reading your post and thought of how I would feel if it was one of my furbabies!! Try to remember how wonderful Pinky was and that will help you through her passing. Take care, draw your family close, and love eachother an extra bunch!! Maybe it would help the kids (and you) to make a special Christmas ornament for the tree to remember Pinky and Izzy, that way you can take it out every year and remember again how special they both were.

16. abbeys-mom

abbeys-mom New Member

Gina,

I am so sorry for your loss....

May God be with you, and guide you through this difficult time.

17. nakoma_star

nakoma_star New Member

oh god ginah I am soooo sorry..........I just got on the boards for the first time in a long time........my aunt linda told me about this and I had to read it, I am very very very sorry pinky was a beautiful girl and I havent even met her but my heart is broken from her lost I am crying..............I dont know why but even when someone elses pet dies I have to cry...........it is a very sad loss you and your family will be in my prayers (( yes wiccans pray lol))

18. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Gina, i'm sorry for your loss. i am praying for you all. God needed pinky to help Him. but i'm sure she is looking over you all. huggs

19. Jas

Jas New Member

Gina, I've been to busy to post much but I wanted to say so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a loved one but it is especially hard this time of year. You gave Pinky a wonderful home and family. She was a very special girl. :love_y_t_much:

Thinking of you,
    Blessings
    Jas

20. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Gina, I am so sorry to hear this horrible news. I just read about Sarges' death and now to read this, I am in shambles in my office. You made the right decision and know she is with Izzy now and is safe. My thoughts are with you and your family in this trying time.