1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

In need of help ASAP!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by GinaH, Jul 10, 2004.

1. GinaH

GinaH New Member

A friend of mine is trying desperately to get this poor girl adopted or at the very least a foster. Anyone near or in Georgia willing to help? Or do you know someone who would like to? She is listed with the PBRC and the Atlanta pit bull rescue. She is due to be euthanized Monday July 12.
    [​IMG]

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

poor baby, wish I could help but I am on the other west coast

good luck

honeybear

3. StormyWinter

StormyWinter New Member

I told someone I know that lives in GA, mabye she can help out! Hopefully that poor girl gets a home or at least a foster! :(

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Stormy that would be great but Please make sure she or anyone else who may inquire about her know that she is extremely dog aggressive. She would have to be the only dog or go to a Pit Bull savy home.

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Leo2: can't you see that this was done by a person forcing them to act that way. That dog did not want to be hurt. It had to protect itself. Wouldn't you. You apparently need some maturing. By all means stick around, you might learn something.

6. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

Leo - No dog deserves that. Look at the picture. Nothing that dog did could warrant such abuse.

7. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Leo that was a horrible statement and just downright ignorant I am sorry. This dog was abused and tortured and therefore she is the outcome of what her owners did to them. If you dont like them no need to be hatefull about it!

8. GinaH

GinaH New Member

This dogs terrible tortured life is the outcome of an ignorant human. She had no choice but to fight or likely be killed. She will get what she deserves? Hopefully she will get what she deserves which is a loving caring home where she will be safe and free to be a normal dog for the rest of her life. I cannot even bring myself to reply to your other post because I am so frustrated and overwhelmed with emotion. You would think after so long of hearing the same idiotic statements repeated over and over again by uneducated morons that a person would get used to it and just accept it. But I don't think I ever will.
    I love all breeds of dogs and over the years I have had many come through my door. But Pit Bulls hold a special place in my heart. They are so misunderstood and have been crucified for so many years because of human ignorance such as yours. As long as these dogs continued to be persecuted I will continue to defend them and hopefully help to better the publics opinion even if it's in some minuscule way.

9. Jody

Jody New Member

Leo - your post was NOT called for. Who do you think you are to say that this dog deserve's what it gets. That is so rude.

10. Jody

Jody New Member

GinaH: Has a home been found for her yet?

11. kira1386

kira1386 New Member

I'd like to add to Leo's comments... how would you feel leo, if someone came to your home and started beating the crap out of you? you'd prolly do all you could to deffend yourself wouldnt you? well, thats what this dog did, she was an innocent dog (no matter what breed) that was abused horribely and had to deffend her life, it was kill or be killed. just as you would do if someone threatened you with your life! put yourself in that situation, say you're a little kid (thats what dogs are, they need someone to give them a good home and take care of them) and you had your parent or whoever beating you and abusing you then put you somewhere that you had to take some kind of action to save your life..what would you do? I'm sorry but I'm a huge animal lover, no matter what breed and species, and to even read someone say such a thing about an animal that doesnt know how else to take care of itself. and it being a pit doesnt mean anything, I've known a few pits that were the biggest babies, ran from thunder even!

ok tho, im stopping right there!
    its sad that there are so many people in the world that think like you, leo...thank god there are some people(like the people on this forum!) that actually care about dogs!!

12. StormyWinter

StormyWinter New Member

GinaH Have you hurd anything about this poor girl?

13. GinaH

GinaH New Member

The last that I had heard on Friday was that she was hopefully going to be pulled from the shelter and put into a temporary foster home. But all current foster homes in the area are full. The last and final hope for her is if she has to be euthanized that it be done in a humane way. The shelter she has been in uses a gas chamber to put dogs down. They actually put several dogs in together and they are all gassed. What a sad ending that would be for this poor girl so hopefully she will be rescued before it's to late. I will know more in the morning. Thanks you guys for asking.

14. Jody

Jody New Member

Oh Gina, it's heartbreaking to know that she'll have to be put down. Poor little babe :( Please keep us posted on her.

15. lil96

lil96 New Member

that is so sad. I wish someone could help her and make her happy, she looks so sad!! I have been in a human gas chamber before and so I picture a dog one to be like that, where the dogs walk in and some are happy because they get to run and play with the others and others who don'T like dogs want to fight and then they just start dropping and not realizing what is happening! I am so sad! I hope someone can help!!

16. GinaH

GinaH New Member

IM sorry to say but Gabrielle will be euthanized by a local vet at 4 PM this afternoon. A kind lady from one of the local rescues is taking her in to be by her side when she is PTS. The veterinarian who will be administering volunteered to do it at no cost to the rescue. At least her poor soul will finally have peace.

17. honeybears

honeybears New Member

oh poor baby, but Gina you are right she will finally have peace, oh boy am I crying

honeybear

18. lil96

lil96 New Member

that is so sad. I hope now she can rest peacefully and be able to be the dog she always wanted to be

19. StormyWinter

StormyWinter New Member

AWWWW Poor girl!!! At least she will be a peace and finally be able to run and play with other dogs. :cry:

20. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Thats sad. I wish there would have been something I could have done. But due to her dog agressiveness, it would have been really hard for me to handle her, and witha pregnant female now, I couldn't risk anything happening. But I did inquire about her. Poor soul. At least now she will have no more harm, pain, and heartache to live with.