1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing Bruiser!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by GinaH, Aug 13, 2004.

1. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Introducing Bruiser!
    Bruiser is my newest foster baby he was severely abused by his former owner. When he was found by animal control he had no food or water and had been that way for over a week. He has obviously been in quite a few dog fights and on top of everything else he has demo mange. He is currently listed on the PBRC death row pits. But a great friend Melissa through the Kentucky Pit Bull Rescue is going tomorrow to get him released from the shelter and he will stay with Melissa for a few weeks until I have had a chance to heal and take our vacation. I hear he is a real sweetheart! In fact when he was found he was sharing his bed with his cat friend Milo who will also be leaving the shelter with Bruiser.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. someday

someday New Member

That poor baby! He's sure lucky to have found you for a foster mommy. I'd like to say I can't believe people would do that to a dog, but I'm sad to say I can believe it since it happens every day it seems. It just makes me sick. Looks like things are looking up for Bruiser and his buddy Milo! :eek:

3. Nameless

Nameless New Member

That is nice to take it upon yourself to rescue and save the life of a dog! That is great! Plus, your new pet is cute! :eek:

Horray!

4. nern

nern New Member

That poor little dog. I'm glad your going to foster her.

5. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Way to go! I know you will work wonders with this dog and find him a excellent home!

6. pyrmom

pyrmom New Member

GinaH, I'm so happy for Bruiser and am thrilled that you've decided to keep his "pet" Milo as well. It will make his recovery that much easier on him.

You and Melissa are heros in a very real sense of the word! :m11:

7. Jody

Jody New Member

Gina - Poor littel guy, but i'm sure once he is in your hands he will be feel the comfort just like princess did.
    :eek:

8. lil96

lil96 New Member

He sure is a cutey! I can'T believe you are taking on another one in your condition. Your ribs might be bruised and hands broken, but your heart keeps growing!!

9. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

GINA ROCKS! You are the best. I love your spirit so much Gina. Bless you for the work you do and bless you for taking Milo too! What a gal! He will thrive with you, just ask Princess!

P.S. your new avatar is fantastic! Did you take that picture?

10. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Thanks all IM so excited to be able to help Bruiser and Milo. We just built two new enclosed outdoor dog runs so it will make it easier to alternate during the day and things won't be so hectic in the house.
    Yep I took the picture it's Pinky when she was a puppy. :D

11. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Gina. Since he was fought, do you think your going to have a problem? He looks like a real sweetie. Poor guy....

12. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

What a handsome boy he will be when he gets fixed up! I love brindle dogs.

13. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Sams
    Who knows you never know until you get them home and find out for yourself. Per the shelter he gets along great with other dogs and obviously since his best friend is a cat he has no problem with cats. I have had fosters before that were temperament tested and supposedly proven to not have any animal aggression and then once I got them home there was a strong dislike of one of my dogs. Luckily if there is a problem with dog aggression I have enough room to keep him contained away from the other dogs. He will be with Melissa for a few weeks and she teaches OB training professionally and has many years of experience with this breed so she will do any actual temperament testing and if there seems to be any majors problems other arrangements will be made.

14. honeybears

honeybears New Member

way to go Gina :D and how sweet of both of you to take both Milo and bruiser. sometimes no matter how much a person trys to make a dog fight, its just not in the dog.

and reminds me of a story I saw not too long ago where a zoo bear befriended a cat an0000ey are inseperable.

honeybear

15. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Hey, like they say...

"The heart wants, what the heart wants" or "Love is blind" or

"A rose by any other..." scratch that, make it "A bear by any other name is a cat" :wink: