1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Is anybody going to answer me

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by jason, Jan 4, 2005.

1. jason

jason New Member

I asked a question about three days ago and nobody has answered me so I am going to ask again.I have a 50 gallon tank and I have a redtailed shark and a africa clawed frog and I was wondering what I could put in there with them.oh I also have 3 white clouds in there to.and does and body have any info on donioes. any infi is greatly appreshated thank you.

2. Fishfirst

Fishfirst New Member

I would suggest a few fish: Most tetras, barbs, gouramis, algae eaters, cories, some catfish, swordtails. The only problem with the redtail is he'll chase other fish a lot of the time and he gets fairly big. No real harm done though.

3. jason

jason New Member

thanks for the help and how many cories could I put in a 20 gallon and would my african clawed frogs bother them

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I have 2 panda cories, an albino and a bronze in my 20G.

5. jason

jason New Member

does any body have infomation on cories and would my frog eat them

6. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Your frog is really going to limit what you can put in that tank because, yes, he will get large enough to eat smaller fish. If you're going to get cories, I suggest some of the larger species like the bronze/albino cories or emerald cats (which aren't technically cories, but close enough).

I also wouldn't get any of the smaller tetras like neons or glowlights, but if you can find some that get around 3", they may be safe.

For danios, you could get some of the giant danios. I think they get about 4" or 5" and should be too fast for your frog to catch.

-Chelle

8. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

african clawed frogs grow rather large and will eat anything that will fit in their mouth.

Danios are surface swimmers, like your white clouds, there are several different types, and they can grow very flary finage. The eat flake and anything on the surface (dryed food etc). They school more then white clouds, but will be bigger than white clouds.

A plecco would be a good place to start, they will hopefully clean your tank, but make sure you know what size they will grow too. Some grow too 2ft some more, some less.