1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Is here many African cichlids in a 35?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by dude412, Apr 29, 2005.

1. dude412

dude412 New Member

Is there many species and different types i could put in and do they need to eat feeders or what i know some species dont and some do if you could give me some ideas that would be great.

2. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I think africans arnt sapposed to eat feeder because they have to much protein.

3. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Lets keep it basic, because there is alot of information in your question. There are two major lakes in Africa that produce aquarium fishes. The first is Malawi and the second is Tanganyika. Generally speaking the two lake fishes should not be mixed up. I think the Malawi's are much more agressive. Most fish shops will have a mix of malawis available. There are many hundreds of different strains, but they do well in alcaline hard water with lots of rocky hiding places. Two or three will usually kill each other, larger groups do better. Needless to say, you will need at least 50 gallons.
    The africans do not eat feeder fishes, they have small mouths. Good foods include staple pellets and frozen bloodworms.

4. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I have acaully seen an african bite a feeder in half and eat it but it still is not good for them

5. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

no cause feeders are carriers of deseases a lot of times. it's not good to feed any feesh only feeders. they are usually not nutritous enough.