1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Is it Ok to travel with a bird

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Fagan, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Fagan

Fagan New Member

Hi guys,

I am wanting to go on hoilday, but i would like to take my bird with me. The trip should take about 7 hours in the car, the weather could get quite hot, can i take hime with me? how would i be able to keep him cool?
    I take him in the car to have his wing clipped from the shop i bought him from, and i take him often with me when i go in the car. He seems to like being in the car. My biggest concern is stress & the heat.

What can i give him to ensure that this trip if it's ok to take him goes smoothly

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi personally i would not take him on a journey for 7 hours as if the heat is extreme it can kill him, even having the windows open a little would cause a draught and that aswell could kill him.

I would much rather keep him at home and then ask someone if they will go into replenish his food and water or i would ask a family member if they could take him till i got back.

Mike