1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

is my cat dying?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by kittyherekitty, Dec 26, 2004.

1. kittyherekitty

kittyherekitty New Member

:( My cat Taz is 9 yrs old. He always runs to his food and rarely ever vomits. YEsterday, Christmas Eve, he began to vomit. He threw up his last meal- which is just dry cat food, special for his UTI's he gets. and then continued to throw up just saliva. White mucus looking spots. He usually lays around in his favorite places, but now he doesn't jump to those places. he lays by his water dish and will move only to a little spot under our desk. and then goes to drink more water. he has been using the bathroom and as far as i know isn't having problems there. he hasn't eaten all day today and will not. i'm not sure if he is dying and so i don't want to force feed him and put him through that. since it's christmas, no local vets are open. and there is nothing to do but try and comfort him. should i wait until monday for the vet visit or pay for tomorrow? please answer soon.

2. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

it sounds like he ingested something he wasnt supposed to....like a chemical or possibly some string or tinsle...bc sounds to me like he may have an obstruction..i would get him to the vet asap

3. kittyherekitty

thank you very much. i do appreciate it. i have checke dhis airways and haven't been able to find any reachable obstructions.

4. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

5. nern

nern New Member

If he is still acting this way tomorrow I would get him to a vet asap. I hope he is okay. Keep us posted.

6. vene

vene New Member

:m23: and welcome! How is your baby today?

7. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

any news?

8. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

Is Taz ok? What did the vet say?

9. kittyherekitty

Taz is much better!

:eek: Taz is doing much better. took him to an emergency vet around 11 christmas night. has a urinary tract infection and really high levels of toxins. specially in his kidneys and heart. so he stayed there sat and sun night. and then i went and picked him up mon morning and took him to his normal vet. he stayed there mon night and came home last night. he's still kind of slow, i think from pain. they had to leak his bladder every so often and he doesn't like the antibiotics we have to make him take. but he is starting to jump onto counters and up onto his favorite ledges again. thanks for all the help you all gave me! :y_the_best:

10. Bente

Bente New Member

That's great :eek: Do you have pictures of your cat? :m7:

11. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

:eek: :eek: That is wonderful news! I'm glad you were able to get him to a vet. Makes all the difference in the world. I'm so glad he's doing better.

And it's an un-mentioned requirement of this forum that doesn't state "YOU MUST POST PICS! :mrgreen:

And dont you dare dissappear now that the crisis is over!

12. vene

vene New Member

So glad he's better! :eek: :eek: :eek:

13. kittyherekitty

Bad news. Tazz did not bounce back to himself as expected. He has not become better. We are taking him to the vet Monday and he is getting put to sleep. My poor kitty! :-( i could cry all night!

14. eman

eman New Member

oh :( :cry: that's so sad..

15. kittyherekitty

Yes it's very sad. :cry: Well I hope I have made his life enjoyable. I tried. Sorry no pictures. No scanner or digital camera here. Guess there's nothing to do now but sit and wait. Do you think animals know when you're going to do something like this. and will he be in any pain? or does he die suddenly? never had my animals die, other than being hit by car. but even then, they weren't 9 yrs old and kind of like my best friend. they listen. and it's nice. what will i do without him? i'll be lonely. no one to greet me when i come in the door. no more scooping poopy kitty litter. no more scratching at the door to be fed. no more nothing. :? :(

16. kittyherekitty

Yes it's very sad. :cry: Well I hope I have made his life enjoyable. I tried. Sorry no pictures. No scanner or digital camera here. Guess there's nothing to do now but sit and wait. Do you think animals know when you're going to do something like this. and will he be in any pain? or does he die suddenly? never had my animals die, other than being hit by car. but even then, they weren't 9 yrs old and kind of like my best friend. they listen. and it's nice. what will i do without him? i'll be lonely. no one to greet me when i come in the door. no more scooping poopy kitty litter. no more scratching at the door to be fed. no more nothing. :? :(

17. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

I'm so very sorry kitty :cry: You did absolutely everything you could to help him. I believe that animals can sense our empathy and I'm sure that all he is feeling from you is tremendous love and caring. He won't be hurt, he will simply fall asleep. It's really very humane and in this case, it's purpose is to end the poor baby's suffering, which is a good thing if you can try to remember that. I know it's hard and know that you have all our support here at auspets so if you ever want to talk about it, don't hesitate to come to us. Major hugs comming from me to you.

18. nern

nern New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. :cry:

19. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

im very sorry to hear about your kitty

20. Bente

Bente New Member

I'm so sorry :cry: