1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a such thing as too much praise?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by luvmyangels, May 16, 2009.

1. luvmyangels

luvmyangels New Member

I have a 12 1/2 week old male Saint Bernard. He's told many, many times each day what a good boy he is. Each time he's done something to "earn" the praise, weather its sitting for a treat (he sits when he sees a treat in anyones hand), going potty outside or grabbing one of his toys to chew instead of the carpet or wall. Some days it seems like Im telling him how good he is every time I turn around.

It's been a very long time since Ive had a puppy. They were all much more "normal" pups, where Buster is a very calm, mellow, laid back kinda guy...just his personality, he's been to the vet.

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Thats very good! Keep it up. It will teach him whats good and whats bad. would love to see photos of him!

3. luvmyangels

luvmyangels New Member

Im amazed how far he's come already. Nice to know Im on the right track with him, he's by far the biggest dog Ive ever had (probably the smartest too). I sure didnt expect him to be almost house trained (1, maybe 2 accidents a day....always my fault for not paying enough attention to his signals to go out), sitting, laying down and walking nicely (most of the time) on his leash already. He's a smart boy, tons of fun to work with and loves everyone he meets.

I tried to post pics. Looks like Im not allowed yet, guess I'll have to hang out and post a bit more. Im sure I can hit the 10 posts in a week :wink: