1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

is there anything else I should do?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by mamabear_34, Apr 15, 2005.

1. mamabear_34

mamabear_34 New Member

I tell you...........dogs are as bad as little kids sometimes!! Buddy got ahold of his wooden brush today. It had the metal pin type brush on one side and a bristle type brush on the other. He (in true Buddy form) chewed it into tiny little pieces. I was able to find all but one of the metal pins and fed both he and Buffy some bread in hopes that if either had swallowed some of the bristles and wood that it would either help it go through their systems or would make them throw up anything in their stomaches. Is there anything else that you can suggest that I should do at this point?? Thanks in advance for the help!!

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Whenever you think they may have swallowed something with sharp pieces on its better not to make them vomit as it can cause damage coming back up the esophegus. That said, there isnt much else you can do, hopefully the bread will work (we sometimes give some mineral oil orally also just to lubricate the...journey through. You could have an x-ray done and then repeat that again after 12-24 hours to make sure the pieces are going through the system, obviously the wood wont show up well but there should be no problems seeing the metal.

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I would call the vet and ask them,

Last week jake freaked me out by eating a piece of tin foil about 8 x 10. I was ready to rush him to the ER but waited until my vet opened called they said to watch and see because of his size #100 and he probably chewed the the foil in little pieces and because the foil was full of grease it would help. so whew he was okay and no vet visit.

honeybear

4. Cheryl

Cheryl New Member

The Journey Through... Cute... :m12: