1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a good sign?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by zarate, Oct 1, 2005.

1. zarate

zarate New Member

Well, I moved my little fish friends today and saved all the old water I could and didn't rinse the gravel. I really hope I did this ok. It's been about an hour since I put the fish back in the aquarium and they are very spunky. My chinese algae eater went right to his favorite spot in the log and the cory is scavenging the bottom as usual and my danio is zipping all over like he's glad to be back in his tank. I really hope this is a good sign. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    -mandi

2. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

They may be alittle shooken up from the move. Just dont mess with them for a while and let them calm down. Keep an eye on them to make sure they're okay. But from my experience, your tank should do a "mini-cycle" if you have enough old water in there, but your Danios are pretty hardy and should be able to handle it. Good luck!

3. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

You didn't mention anything about the filter. From the way you are describing everything else I'm guessing that you left everything in the filter intact as well. Sounds great. You shouldn't have any problems as far as cycling. You might have a small bacterial flairup from the bacteria being stirred up in the move. You could do a one day doasage of Maracyn 2 as a prophalaxis to keep down any bacterial flairup, but even that is probably not necessary.

4. zarate

zarate New Member

Thanks for your replies!
    As soon as I put the 3 of them in there they became full of life. While I was setting up the tank they just kinda hung out at the bottom. They are still very lively and seem to be doing great!
    As for the filter I didn't do anything I left it as it was and just plugged it back in once I got everything put together. So far the water is crystal clear. Thanks again you guys!
    -Mandi