1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

is this going to be bad?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by meandmycatromeo, Mar 23, 2005.

1. meandmycatromeo

meandmycatromeo New Member

my fish tank has no bubbles. they used to be there where the filter was. is this going to be bad?

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

what exactly do you mean? do you mean while setting up the tank you had bubbles everywhere and now they are gone, or do you mean that you used to have an airstone and now its gone?

3. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi meandmycatromeo, I'm guessing you are talking about the small air bubbles that collect on the sides and equipment in a new tank. They will disappear in just a few days and are no problem at all. Their presence or absence is not important.

4. meandmycatromeo

no, I meant that there were bubbles, but now there isn't! is this going to kill my fish?

5. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

what were the bubbles from? were they there because you just set up the tank or what? if so, then like kc5gvn said, its nothing to worry about at all....its normal for them to go away after a few days of having the tank setup.

6. meandmycatromeo

no, they were there for 3 months, now they aren't. is that bad for no bubbles?

7. drab911

drab911 New Member

I had bubbles for the first 4 days after I set up my tank.. now they are all gone.. I dont think they are suppost to be there.. so dont worry be happy :)

8. meandmycatromeo

9. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, the bubbles after setting up a tank are there because of everything new added into the tank.....they leave after a few days, and you usually wont see them until you setup a new tank again.

10. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What kind of fish do you have in the tank? What kind of filter?

-Chelle

11. meandmycatromeo

um..... tropical fish? look, I'm not MAD at the bubbles, the bubbles were there. Do the fish NEED the bubbles?

12. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

no they dont NEED the bubbles

13. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I'm just trying to figure out what bubbles you're talking about.

If it's just an air stone that quit working (most last a lot longer than 3 months, though), then it shouldn't be too bad. Unless of course it's a pump that quit and water is backflowing into the pump. That could cause problems and possibly a fire. Or if the air stone is clogged and the pump is still running, that could possibly cause problems too.

If it's an air stone that's running a gravel filter then again, you have the same risk of a fire plus the filter is no longer working so that's bad.

If you have fish like gouramis that were building bubble nests and aren't any more then that shouldn't be too bad (unless it's poor water quality that's causing them to stop building the nests).

If it's just bubbles from over-oxygenated water after refilling a tank, that won't hurt anything. However, those won't be present for 3 months. They usually disappear after 24 hours.

-Chelle