1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

is this over stocked?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by dude412, Nov 5, 2004.

1. dude412

dude412 New Member

this is my lineup for my 35 gallon

2-3neons
    5-6 danios
    1-silver dollar
    1-2 fancy guppies
    1-gourami wats a nice looking peecful kind

if this is over stocked this will be my lineup

1-discus fish
    1-2 peacock eels
    1-gourmi again any nice kind

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

First line up is looking ok. Add three or four neons as they need a school and take out the silver dollar as its also a schooler but gets too large for your tank.

Discus also need a school, are EXTREMELY difficult to care for and get too large for your tank.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Yup, forget the silver dollar and add a few more neons and the first list should be fine (mabye 2 dwarf gouramis rather than a single larger one because the dwarfs are less aggressive).

And I would forget about discus in a tank that size.

-Chelle

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, discus are rather expensive and are extremly sensitive to water conditions.

5. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

discus need rediculusly soft water, and in the UK you have to pay loads for some sort low ph water. they are very sensitive and the prices start at about £20. but they are a buitiful fish, none the less, id love them. i feel your first line up is fine, not over stocked attal, it depends how big your discus wishes to get to whether over stocking will apear just witha discus.

6. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Depends on how you look at it.

Silver dollars are schooling fish so you would need more than one. I've read they can get up to 6-8" and for a school they would need about 40-50 gallons. I he forgets about it then he should be fine.

7. gravity

gravity New Member

I have 2 pairs of dwarf gouramis, and they are absolutely stunning to look at. Very beautiful coloring. However, they are a little shy and like >indirect< lighting. If you're going to include some gouramis in any tank, you should give them some plants to hide in/around, and also have some floating plants at the surface for them to hide under. Mine hang out directly underneath the floating plants, almost like they think nobody can see them even though they're red and blue and the plants are green. They don't hide from me, they hide from light.

Like I said, beautiful fish, and the dwarves are very peaceful too.