1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

is this to much for my 35?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by dude412, Apr 25, 2005.

1. dude412

dude412 New Member

1-african knife fish
    2-blind cave fish
    1-baby whale
    1-cory cat albino
    1-redtailed shark
    1-peacock eel

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Yes, that's too much.

Cory cats need to be in groups so you'd need at least 3.

The knife can get around 8" so a 35 would be a bit cramped for it. Plus, it's an electric type of fish and so is the baby whale. It's generally not a good idea to keep more than one of those types of fish together in small tanks.

35 gallons will be okay for a baby whale and/or a red tailed shark. Bioload wise it should be okay, but the baby whale and RTS have somewhat similar shapes so there may be some aggression issues.

35 gallons should also be sufficient for the cave fish, but I believe they prefer groups.

And peacock eels can get around 14" - 16" so a 35 would be pretty cramed for it.

So, that wittles your choices down to 3-4 cories, 3-4 cave fish, 1 RTS, 1 baby whale. Personally, I would go with the cories & cave fish then pick either the RTS or the whale.

-Chelle

3. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Dont forget to make sure all of the PH lvl requirments for all the fish agree with each other. (Aswell as tempature)

4. dude412

dude412 New Member

could i go with
    1-baby whale
    2-cave fish
    3-corys
    1 red tailed shark?
    2-khuli loaches

5. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

the knife will get waaaaaay bigger than 8". i've seen them get up to 2 1/2 ft.

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

No, that would be too much bioload.

It depends on the type of knife.
    African black/brown knifes get around 8" - 10"
    Black ghost knifes can get around 20"
    Glass knifes get around 8"
    Clown knifes get around 40"

-Chelle

7. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

my bad. still too big though