1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Itchy bird

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by --blaster--, Sep 11, 2004.

1. --blaster--

--blaster-- New Member

Is it normal that my bird keeps itching alot..............can any one tell me why?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi it could be that he/she is molting.
    Could be just a normal itch or it may have little mites which to find that out its best to go to an avian vet to have it checked over.

You can get some stuff that you put in water and either spray your bird wif it or if it will go in a bird bath place it in the water and allow it to bath this will kill any mites it may have but again it best to get from an avian vet or a very reputable petstore.

mike

3. --blaster--

--blaster-- New Member

i think shes's molting cause when she itchys her feathers keeps coming out and on her head its like spiked up (Parakeet

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

If her head feathers look like spikes and her feathers come out when she is scratching then she is definately molting and have nothing to worry about this can be over within a couple of weeks or it can take a few months to complete the cycle.

Mike

5. --blaster--

--blaster-- New Member

ok thats good cause every time i see feathers on the cage and her head is spiked.