1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Jd's and dither fish

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tyler_medeiros, Oct 28, 2005.

1. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

Could two JD's and some dither fish live peacefully in a 90 gallon aquarium.
    I heard that JD's need 20 - 30 gallons each so i figured it would be fine.
    What do you think.

2. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

What exactly is a dither fish? on the net it says a dither fish is a fish that is in a state of indecisive agitation. is this what you are refering to?

3. tyler_medeiros

no I wad refering to diter fish as in other fish in the aquarium with the 2 JD's

4. Hooben

Hooben New Member

A dither fish is best described as a little fish that the agressive big fish cannot catch. It instead becomes a distraction from killing something els in the tank.
    The best dither fish is a school of tiger barbs, but I have no idea if they would work with the JD.
    I have used them successfully with parrots and severums.

Good luck!

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I don't think I would use silver dollars because they would be too big for a 90 with 2 JD's, but like Hooben said, I think tiger barbs might work or maybe giant danios.

-Chelle

6. tyler_medeiros

how many giant danios would fit in the 90 gallon with two JD's.
    I was hopping like 5 or 6.
    Also what is the best (least aggressive) combo for JD's:
    Male - Male, Male - Female, or Female - Female

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Giant danios get 6", but they're really slender-bodied so 5 - 6 should be fine.

And probably the best combo would be 2 females (and because they don't get as big as males, 6 giant danios would fit just fine, maybe 7). The 2nd best would be a male & female and I wouldn't even try 2 males.

-Chelle