1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

    Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

    Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]

Job search - need to vent

Discussion in 'General Topics & Support Issues' started by elizavixen, Jun 18, 2005.

  1. elizavixen

    elizavixen New Member

    I'm going crazy here trying to find a job. I graduated in May and have had really nothing since then...now all the sudden I have 3 jobs pending. And I'm going on vacation all next week which complicates things even more. Anyways, here's the situation...I interviewed for two accounting positions last week (mon and tues). Both are for the gov't but have very different salaries (one is 19000/yr one is 38000/yr). Obviously I really want the one that is 38k/yr. I haven't heard from the 38k at all, I called them and they said no decision has been made yet. The 19k people I think are going to offer the job to me, which is great, unless I get the 38k job. The 19k ppl are doing extra paperwork on me (they have asked for my transcript, etc.) so that is why I think that. To make matters even more complicated, I just got asked to interview for another job for a really good company. It would be my ideal job. Since I'm gone next week I can't interview until the 27th. So I've scheduled an interview for the 27th but now I'm worried about the other two. I figure by that time I will have heard from both, good or bad. Problem is I won't get my mail until the 26th so if they send the stuff by mail I won't know. I can check my phone messages but as I have learned, if they don't give you the job they just send you a letter. I'm just confused b/c I figure at that time I will have to say for sure if I want the 19k job, which I really think they are going to offer me (not sure about the 38k job - its been 2 wks and they haven't made a decision which is bad for me). I can't tell the 19k people to wait a few weeks until I know about the other job. My mom says I should accept it and then quit it if I have been hired by the good company but I think that would be awful. I can't quit after working a week or two? I really don't want to be rude and I don't want to waste people's time. It is just stressing me out. Also, if I get the 19k or 38k jobs I will end up canceling the interview the same day which is also rude. I don't want to burn any bridges with that company b/c I'd definately like to work for them some day. I doubt anyone can follow what I have just written, I can barely deal with it.
     
  2. DeLaUK

    DeLaUK New Member

    Ive been in this situation a couple of times, what Ive done is when Ive wanted one job more but the other job is offered I called the better job and asked them if they could let me know, that I have been offered anotehr job but would prefer this one....they know you either want or need a job and its okay to be honest with them. I would also give them a quick call to let them know you will be out of town for the week.

    Good luck, I hope you get the job you want.
     
  3. honeybears

    honeybears New Member

    can you let the 19K position know you will be on vacation and returning the 26th so they know if they do offer you the job will be out of town and get back to them when you return? then it would buy you a week, I dont know if they would go for that or not or they would want ot hear from you next week? and then like Delauk said if you do get an offer from the 19K position, and the interview goes well on the 26th, let them know you do have an offer but would really like to work for them stating your reasons, and dont want to leave the other people hanging
     
  4. pekepoo4u

    pekepoo4u New Member

    Ok...I realize this is an old post, but I'm sure a lot of us would like to hear the outcome.
     

Share This Page