1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Jungle Labs Ich Medication

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Cleo1668, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Cleo1668

Cleo1668 New Member

I’ve never had a problem with fish diseases before. This morning I noticed that 6 or so of my fish have white spots on them. I’m assuming they have Ich. I went to the store and got Jungle Labs Ich Medication. Their instructions are vague. It tells you how much to give, but it doesn’t tell you how long to leave it in. I’m going to assume that it’s 24 hours, because it says, “If Ick persists, treat every 24 hours until it clears.”
    Also, how badly is this going to stain my tank?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What are the active ingredients? If it has malachite green or methelyne blue, it will stain your silicone pretty bad.

As far as medicating goes, I'd just dose the tank every 24 hours. Continue that for a week after the last spot is gone. Then you can do water changes and add carbon to your filter to remove it. It will also help if you increase the temperature to around 85* or so, but if you do that, you'll need an air stone (if you don't have one already). If you have to do a water change in the middle of treatment, go ahead and do it, but re-dose the tank afterwards.

Also, if you have tetras or scaleless fish, see if it has any special instructions/warnings about them since most are sensitive to ich meds.

-Chelle

3. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

Ive used jungle labs ich gaurd many times and you need to treat for a full week treating the tank every 24 hours. even after the ich is gone finish the treatment.
    It doesnt stain the rocks or the decorations only a light blue tinge on the silicone.
    Other than the blue the product works great.
    hope that helps
    Tyler and Amanda

4. Cleo1668

Cleo1668 New Member

I did a water change this morning and put in a second dose. I have alot of Tetras. The package doesn't have any warnings about them. I hope they'll be ok :( . Some people are telling me that I shouldn't use meds. They said I should try raising the temp and adding aquarium salt. What do you think?

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

that is another way of curing ich

6. Cleo1668

Cleo1668 New Member

I hope my fish will make it through this. I can tell that the medication is effecting them. The smaller fish (Tetras, Minnows, Barbs and Danios) seem to be doing well. My Gouramis aren't eating as much and are less active. :cry:

7. Cleo1668

Cleo1668 New Member

My Gouramis were getting worse so I exchanged the Jungle Labs for Aquarium Products brand Cure-Ick. I chaged 50% of the water and put carbon in the filter. Should I wait until tomorrow to put the new medication in?

8. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i would yes i would do another 50 water tomorrow to just to be sure

9. Cleo1668

Cleo1668 New Member

I think I'm going to try raising the temp salt treatment first. The Cure-Ick product seems no different than the Jungle Labs med. I'm afraid my Gouramis won't survive another dosing of medication. It's funny because they warn you about using meds with Tetras, but my Tetras are fine. It's the Gouramis who are sensitive to it.

10. Dixon81

Dixon81 New Member

i have had 2 gourami's for almost a year they have out survived everyother fish i have had. i have had ich and they survived fine. I have hada dwarf frog die while i was on vacation came home to everyother fish dead except for my gourami's. i recently bought a 125. strocked with 2 pacus, clown knife fish and a arrowanna, and 2 electric blue crayfish. the other reason i keep them in with these other fish is because they out survived everything