1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

just a quick question...

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by rowdiebrindlepit, Feb 25, 2006.

1. rowdiebrindlepit

rowdiebrindlepit New Member

I have been walking my dog every day to socolize it with people. but when people come to my house i lock him in his cage. will that make him more protective of the house if he isnt used to strangers playing with him or let alone even touching him when they are there :?:

2. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

If you want your dog to be properly socialized and a model canine citizen, he needs to be exposed to people both inside and outside of your home. What you are suggesting will create an animal that is fearful and suspicious, not protective.

Get that dog out of his crate and teach him to mind his manners when you have guests present. This won't make him less protective. It will help him learn to have better canine judgement, which is very important.

If I remember correctly, you have children. Do you want your children to be able to have friends over to play without fear that your dog is going to turn into a raving maniac? Remember, your dog and your kids are going to age. In five years, you still want a well behaved dog who can safely be around your friends and extended family, don't you? You'd like to be able to answer the door when the pizza delivery comes without worrying about the dog biting the delivery person, don't you?

If you raise him right, and get him properly socialized, he'll still be protective of your family and home. But he won't be a lose cannon, waiting to blow up without notice.