1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Just have to gripe!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by GinaH, Jun 24, 2004.

1. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Ughhhhhhhh! I just visited this other forum which I have visited a few times and I tell you that entire forum is made up of 90% idiots! I swear I leave there downright angry! If I came in contact with half the ignorant people on that site I swear I would have to shake some sense into them. Half of the advice given sounds like it came from a 5 year old. And there are people on there who are stating untruths as facts. And the majority is about APBT. I do not know everything about them but I do know half of the nonsense spewed over there is total crap! There were only a few credible people on there it seemed. Thank God for Auspet! Sorry just had to vent! :x

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Gina, please dont jinx us! things have been very peacefull for a long time. I have never been on another pet board, but from what everyone said Auspet is awesome because we dont get the idoits and horrible people.

I think we are all happy and someone trys to stier trouble we nip it in the bud :D

honeybear

3. nern

nern New Member

I frequent other forums and I know exactly what you mean Gina....I have come across a few like that as well.

4. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I visit other forms from time to time. They're not as good as this one, but people mostly just gossip and post pictures of their pets and try to find homes for homeless pets from different rescue groups.

Does the form you're talking about say anything negative about PitBulls? Or are they just misinformed about the breed?

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Where is it, come on where is , I want to see what ignorant people sound like. Whats the site?

6. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Misinformed and very negative :x
    Ok here it is
    http://www.terrificpets.com/forum/
    Sorry Nern if this is not allowed.

7. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I did however meet a few very nice people which I invited to join us here. :D

8. Jody

Jody New Member

Auspet is the only board that I use, as this is the place I know that I can get the best answers from.

9. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Thanks when I get the chance I will do some lookie loo-in's.

10. Coconut

Coconut New Member

Here's that post:
    http://www.terrificpets.com/forum/4435.asp

A lot there love pits, but some sneak in and stir up controversy. They are always creating drama and they got me all hyped on everything in that one (FrostyGirl). THere are a lot of cool people there, but there are those ones... *cough* Hoosgow *cough*...
    LOL, who cares anyway, though, right?

11. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

OMG, I sooooooo hear you Gina!! :y_the_best: I used to go to the AOL mixed breed pet boards and it was horrifying!!

The people there would get on their "every place is a BYB horrible place (unless you got your dog from a shelter) soap box", and then they'd FLAME YOU for having a mixed breed dog! argh... it was horrible and ridiculous. ](*,) And, if you can imagine, I finally blew a gasket after holding my tongue for weeks. Let's just say, it wasn't perrrrty.... :0009:

I realized it was best for my "mental well being" (hehe) to just back off and move on..... and soon after that......... O:) O:) ((((angels singing and harps playing)))) O:) O:) I saw the light (aka AUSPET).... \:D/

12. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

I must agree with Monster Bailey. I also was led to this site by Divine Intervention. Knowing all the time that this site was the one, the only, truly Zen like place to call home.... OR, I got REALLY lucky when I did a search for help with Sarge's Parvo and tried this site first! Normally my luck sucks!

I don't know about the rest of you, (though I have my suspicions about a few of you), but I cannot,(literally, it is physically impossible) tolerate stupidity! Not that I believe that I am omniscient, but good grief there are some SERIOUS MORONS out there and I feel that it is my duty, on occaision, to help them understand their own stupidity. I'm sweet like that. Just trying to let them know and become more self aware.... strange, they never thank me for it. Hmm....... :wink:

13. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I go to one other board that is pretty good, although I hang out here more. A lot of people there foster or do rescue, so sometimes I go there with issues about that stuff. And I like to just pop in and look at the pictures of their pets and hear their stories. A lot of them have many dogs so the stories get pretty hysterical sometimes.

I like the atmosphere here, though. It can get a little judgemental over there sometimes, but nothing terrible.

Jamiya

14. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Yup, its confirmed, There are some true idiots out there....

Pound dogs aren't as good as purebreds! I beg to differ!!!! I have both! And they are both perfect! HA.

I tell you..... I couldn't hold back my urge to hit someone if they made such and idiotic statement as that to my face.....

15. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

:x O M G! I read that post. I cannot speak. I am,... I could not... how did you hang on to ANY composure at all? Holy hell! That was the most unbelievably uneducated, ignorant, elitist horse crap I have ever witnessed! And for you to be attacked as if YOU were the ignorant one was really more than I could take. I may have posted something. I'm not sure. I saw red and typed. Anything could have happened.

I have to tell all of you how grateful I am to be here with ALL of you. I did not truly realize how lucky we are. I do now.

16. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I read the thread. Six pages of waisted web space. Right up there with SPAM!

17. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

What nonesense! Ugh!

Hey did any of you notic True_pits is a member there? Haven't seen her over her for a while now.

Anyways, what garbage. I am glad I stopped reading when I did. I belonged to a forum just like that one once. I posted maybe 4 times, then it was either leave or pull all my hair out. I have worked really hard to grow my hair so I just left.

18. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Hey Bully, does working to grow your hair burn calories? Because that would be cool. :wink:

Jamiya

19. StormyWinter

StormyWinter New Member

I must admit I was part of that nonsence :oops: But then i thought to my self WHY?? and shut up! Some people there don't know when to say when. I guess i have some brains after all! :eek: for me

20. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Only if it was low carb hair. Hair can be so fattening. No, wait, that's my butt.