1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping my fingers crossed,hope all goes well!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Nano, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Nano

Nano New Member

Our barn cat,Prissy was attacked by an animal the other night. We are pretty sure that it was a possum. It had gotten her in the leg, so we took her to the vet, and he cleaned and gave her leg a couple of stitches. They also took an x-ray to make sure there were no broken bones, and am happy to say, there were none.We told him to give her all of the immunizations she required and to also deworm her. We asked him to also run the test for feline lukemia and feline aids, and they both came back negative. We are going to and have her join the rest of of our "feline family" ,Tigger,Boo,Smokey, and Riley and remain inside only. She is the last of our barn cats, and came from the same litter that Smokey did. She gets along with all of the other cats, and hope she adapts to being inside. She is in a large dog crate so I can keep an eye on her, and give her her antibiotics. She is doing really well, and I will probably let her loose tomorrow and let have the run of the basement. I will probably keep her separated from the other cats for about 3 months, just in case it was another cat that got her, and not a possum. I will have them run another feline aids test on her, and if it comes back negative, she'll come up and join the rest of us. Do you think I am being to cautious? I forgot to add, that she is a very sweet and affectionate kitty. I just pray that her second test comes back negative,too. This is going to be a very long 3 months!