1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

keet afraid of my hands. help?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by daisy0802, Apr 7, 2005.

1. daisy0802

daisy0802 New Member

my keet is afraid of my hands. when i go to get her out, she bites my hands really hard so i have to wear gloves! :shock: but after i get her out she hops onto my shoulder and sits on there until i make her get off like she likes me or something! any info to help her overcome this :?:

2. mumofmany

mumofmany New Member

Hi Daisy,
    When I first get my budgies, I use a stick to encourage them to come out of their cage.
    First up, when I bring them home, I cuddle them in a washer, and talk to them. I also rub their head.
    Then I take them into the bathroom, and close the door, and let them loose on the floor.
    One bird at a time, bythe way. :wink:

This allows the bird to relax and get a feel of it's environment. When it is relaxed I begin to teach it to 'step up' on the stick. It usually only takes ten minutes or so. Talk to it in a gentle voice, whenever you come near it, or the cage. That way, it 'prepares' the bird for your approach. :y_the_best:
    After that, getting the budgie out of the cage is easier.
    Well, that's my ten cents worth. i hope it helps you. :D

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

4. daisy0802

daisy0802 New Member

I've had her since august 2004. :oops: I'm not sure what I did to make her act the way she does. She used to not be afraid of my hands, but now she is! :x It's like, she's not afraid of me, but my hands. She's been in the same spot the whole time I've had her. I'll have to try some of that stuff you all posted. :y_the_best: