1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Killifish!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tina1, Mar 26, 2004.

1. tina1

tina1 New Member

Hi! I went to the lfs to get my killies today (payday-finally). I bought three they are yellowish with metallic green scales and red tails. Anybody out there have experience with killies? Anything I should know?

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

here's photos of my new killies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. gr8fuljames

gr8fuljames New Member

Just wanted to say nice looking fish.

P.S. You've gotta get that x fixed. lol

4. gr8fuljames

gr8fuljames New Member

5. tina1

tina1 New Member

Thank you James, the link was very helpful. I think I'll just keep the "x" as my avatar, I'll pretend I'm making a statement or something lol.

Thanks.

6. Obelix

Obelix New Member

LOL How are the killies tina? I just had to ressurect at least one post.

7. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

nice fish i have all way wanted to try and keep those how is it going ?

8. tina1

tina1 New Member

Well, so far the killies have worked out just great! Actually last week I just lost one so its kinda funny to see this post brought up again. I think it might've jumped out of the small square opening at the back of the tank where the filter goes and become a midnight snack for the cat :(

But the other two are still going strong and growing.

They pretty much just hang out at the top of the tank and don't really swim a whole lot but its a lot of fun to watch them eat because they're mouths are just so huge. They'll take a whole flake and fit it half way into their mouths and then just swim into a corner with the flake still sticking out until they eat it all. They also LOVE bloodworms.

All in all, I think they make great community fish. I've come to find out that they are considered an aggressive killifish but if this is aggression then I can't imagine how placid some of the other killies are. I'm looking into getting some more killies after I move to put in my 5 gallon. I think A. Australe red/orange is the one I'm after.

Anyway, thanks for the interest in my fishies!!!!