1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Kissing Gourami

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Heather&Nicole, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

How do you tell if they are fighting?

If so..how do u get them to stop?

How do you tell what sex they are?

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I don't know about kissing gouramis, but when I had my 3 spot blues basically when they were chasing each other or when it looks like they are "kissing each other" while moving back and forth is when they are fighting. I don't know really know how to make it stop and I think you can tell the sex by one of their fins. Sorry, I am not much of a help! Wait till t_chelle, fishaddict or tina_1 comes on to answer your question.

3. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Like unknown said they sort of attack eachother and seem to "kiss" mine also kissed other fish LOL, but theirs not an easy way to stop them, other then hitting the glass which i dont reccomend best of luck though!

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Yeah, I had to put I divider in my tank for sometime until I gave one of mine away to a good home, but I'm sure that it will not reach to that point for you! If they are fighting I don't know why because your tank seems very spacious! Anyways, good luck!

5. tina1

tina1 New Member

Yep the kissing is fighting. Establishing dominance kinda from what I understand. Has nothing to do with romantic valentiney feelings :lol:

6. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

ok, lets see, when they are fighting it looks like they are kissing on the lips but one will close its lips on the others locking them for a second or two, they are very territorial and will only do this when they are fighting for their area. seperate them to stop and i think the gender is all about their fins. Sorry its a bit late!

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

As long as they're not getting injured (missing scales, broken jaws, etc), I wouldn't worry too much, but keep an eye on them.

And as far as I know, there's no way to tell males from females.

-Chelle

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I personally don't know exactly how to distinguish genders, but, I think I read on a sight that the females are more plum when it comes time to spawn, other than that I think it is hard to tell, but its a bit easier with other types gouramis. Sorry, that I could not be a much better help for you!