1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Kitten: 4mo., limping, and now a gucky eye

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by otakua, Aug 24, 2009.

1. otakua

otakua New Member

I have this kitten, well actually its my mom's friends. They got her 3 days ago and it was perfectly fine. Now yesterday it started limping, the left hind leg seemed injured. Personally I think its the paw itself, because he doesnt want it to be touched, but the leg doesnt bother him as much. He was still pretty playful, and jumping around and off of things, so it didnt seem to bother him that much. He is sleeping alot now though, and today one of his eyes is gucky (sorry for lack of words) currently sleeping in my lap, his leg doesnt seem to be much better or worse. Im not sure if he is eating or not, but he did yesterday... Ya thats about all the info I can give. The store said he was 4 months old, but this is one VERY small 4 month old kitten. Ive had so many kittens and ferrets in my life, so I can tell. Maybe he was just the runt of the litter. But anyways, we are getting him checked out tomorrow, but we feel very worried about him. Is there anything we could do? Any clue if this may be some infection thats getting worse? Please help!

Edit: He just woke up and went straight to the food bowl, so I guess he is eating...

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

pet store? I'd be getting this kitten to the vet pronto. Distemper is rampart in pet store animals.
    They should have him checked right away anyway so no time like the present. Neutering will be soon too

3. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Agree with Mary, Gosh pet stores really annoy me..They dont care about anything unless they get a sale..Hope the kitty will be ok, keep us informed on how you go, but yea, get it to the vets as soon as..

4. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Hi otakua. How is the kitty? How did her check-up go? I hope all is well. Did the Vet say how old she was? The kitty is lucky to have people who care about her.