1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

kitten abuse

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by KittyTales, Jul 2, 2004.

1. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

:cry: :cry: :cry:
    My old naighboors were so kind to Blakie and her kittens.Now my new neighboors r evil! :cry: When I came home the boy was poking her kittens with a stick! :cry: :cry: :cry: Also I had heard that Blakie attaked the boy because he was torchering her kittens! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    She was growling the whole time he was poking them. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    He also was hitting Blakie before I came home! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    I just could not say anything because there were a lot of grownups around.I get very uncoumfortable around grownups. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Please if you have any solutions tell me fast before he kills her kittens!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. vene

vene New Member

The cats are in grave danger. Normal kids do not poke at cats and kittens with a stick. Is there anyway your mom will let the cats in a secluded area of the house? If not, can you contact a feral rescue organization, or a no-kill shelter in your area and have them picked up and perhaps they can be adopted into safer homes?

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

if you cannot bring these kittens and their mom inside then you MUST get them out of there. This brat is going to kill these kittens and if he doesn't they are going to suffer damage from the abuse they are taking from this kid. This is no life for these cats...NONE AT ALL.

I know you want to keep mom and her kittens but by letting them be constantly subjected to this abuse cause you don't want to give them up is very selfish.

And never ever be afraid to speak up when you see something like this - this is animal abuse and is extremely illegal. You might be a kid but you have as much right to stand up as anyone else does. Hell don't even stand up call the police and report animal abuse and don't give your name.

But do something

4. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

OK Umm...
    Do any of you think it would be a good idea to tell the kid that the cats r mine and I dont touch them or...
    I cant think of any thing else to finish the sentence.Can anyone help me?

5. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I want to share a story with you

last year my daughter in law found a kitten in a dumpster. The kitten was about 6 weeks old and had dirt-filled ears and flea covered fur. She was a mess. My daughter in law took the kitten home and cleaned her all up. She had a Bengal look about her - gorgeous little kitten. But she couldn't keep her.

My other son's girlfriend (15 years old) had been wanting a kitten/cat for awhile. Her mom died 2 years ago and her father kept telling her that she could get a kitten when he felt the time was right. I called him and asked him if Sarah could have this kitten and he said yes. I took the kitten to them and they named her Allie cause she was found in a dumpster in an alley. Sarah adored this kitten. Allie slept with Sarah every night and would cry when Sarah was gone.

Sarah lives on a very busy road in town and she wanted to keep her kitten inside. We also have a lot of wildlife around here. Her father would get mad at the kitten for doing kitten stuff and threaten to put Allie outside. Sarah would hide the kitten in her bedroom. One time Sarah's older brother threw Allie down the stairs and Sarah was lucky enough to be able to catch her. At this point Allie was only about 12 weeks old and still very small.

This went on for a few weeks and her father started to get a bit more physical with the kitten and one day was putting stuff in his car and left the door open - I think with hopes the kitten would go outside.

Sarah called me crying and asked me to please take Allie to the shelter where she would be safe (shelter is no-kill). Ironically the shelter called me the same morning to ask me to foster a mom cat and her five 2-week old kittens - so we traded. Allie to the shelter (where she ws quickly adopted) and the famiy to my house.

Sarah was so sad about giving up Allie and has vowed to never have another cat as long as she lives at home cause of the abuse Allie received. But Sarah was brave. She was willing to give Allie up to protect her from harm. She adored that kitten and I felt so heartbroken about taking her - but I had told Sarah many times that I wasn't going to stand by and let that kitten be abused...but Sarah had to be the one to make the decision to save Allie's life.

We never told her father what happened. We let him believe that Allie got outside and was killed - he didn't deserve to know anymore than that.

You must be brave also and make sure this little cat family is protected even if it means having your heartbroken. At least you'll know they are safe

6. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

if this kid can beat a cat and kittens with a stick he isn't going to care who the cats belong to....that is going to mean nothing to a brat who thinks beating animals is acceptable

7. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

Me and my dad were talking.(my dad is a big cat lover)
    And he said if this happens again he is going to do something about it.
    Because when I told him what the kid did he ran outside angrily but the kid and his family left somewhere.And when he says he is going to do something about it he means it :!:

8. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

kudos to your dad

9. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

I hope my dad helps :!:

10. lgm5309

lgm5309 New Member

i hope all works out for you and your kitties...it's awful to hear that they are in the area of people who would behave that way....
    i know how it feels to be in that position....when i took in my latest little girl, Lydia, she had been to a family for a month prior to coming to my home.

the home had three hellacious (SP?) little girls that didn't know what NO meant. i know Lydia was mistreated (put lightly) b/c she was not the cat i had met the first time. her body language screamed "leave me alone, don't touch me it hurts"...i was furious at the parents and the little girls. the first night they brought her home she ran and hid in the crawl space in their house. she was obviously terrified and unhappy...they left her there and went about their business and their plans to leave the house for a day. when i had heard that i cried and had a knot in my throat for weeks b/c i was supposed to have her but got home to late to get her. they decided that she was to "mean" to the children and gave her to me. i am in the process of mending her. those people didn't deserve her.

the grandmother had the nerve to ask matt and i if they girls could visit. i told her that i don't think that would be in Lydia's best interest.

please don't be frightened to tell them not to hurt or touch them. i hope your dad can help you take care of things. best wishes

11. PilotKitten

PilotKitten New Member

There are too many people in this world that don't deserve pets of ANY species!! :x :x

12. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

Blakie had hidden her kittens.(I think)
    This morning I could not find them anywhere.
    I just found Blakie in a attaking possion at my neighboors porch.
    Oh I hope she does not attack the kid again because he can beat her up if she does like yesterday he punched her for jumping on him to protect her babies.And last night I did not sleep but spy on what the neighboors were doing and I heard them saying "these kittens r cute when little but when they grow up they r going to be as vishos and ugly as their mother is.I wanted to yell something out the window at them but the saying got stuck in my throut.And right now Blakie is continuesly meowing(I can hear her through my window)for some reason.If I find the kittens today I am definetly taking them in.

13. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

do you suppose the neighbors have taken the kittens and that's why Blackie is hanging around their door?

Please get them inside....I couldn't stop thinking about that poor little kitty family last night

14. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

If they did take her kittens I will difinetly sew them :x :!:

15. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

My dad hid the kittens behind our house now the stupid neighboors wont
    find them.I think...

16. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

my goodness kittytales...i just read this post. what an awful story. poor momma cat is just trying to protect her babies. i hope your dad finds the kittens...but will he also put the momma cat behind your house too?

17. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

The owner of the house said that I cant keep the kitties.
    If I dont find them a hom in about 1 or 2 weeks he is going to put Blakie and her kittens to sleep. :cry:
    I found 1 home already for a kitten but the other 1 and Blakie.I hope I can find them a home.Is anyone willing to adopt an adorable little kitten and friendly beutiful mother cat? :cry:

18. bellack1

bellack1 New Member

Is ther a no kill shelter near you or something??? Find out

19. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

No.
    I found a home for one of the kittens though.
    My other friend said that she might be able to adopt one to but she will tell me tommorow.

20. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

good luck kittytales. i am so glad you are trying as hard as you are to help the kitties.