1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Kitten Killer charged !!!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by TabbyLover, May 19, 2005.

1. TabbyLover

TabbyLover New Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7898150/

I am sooo glad I didn't have to go vigilante on this one. I'm too cute for prison. :)

Hope he gets some Texas Justice brought down on his a**! :eek:

2. halaroo

halaroo New Member

LOL. :mrgreen:

3. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

Just one count!? I thought it was one count for every animal you abuse/kill.
    And...He's 62! Jesus I thought age was wisdom but I guess someone missed that bus.
    But Im still glad they caught him and he's getting his sorry butt thrown in jail :eek:

4. yogi

yogi New Member

all of a sudden that $45,000 that the woman in Seattle was awarded is looking pretty good. Maybe the state can fine him as much. Strange the effect on ones pocketbook does to put the fear of God into people...

5. TabbyLover

TabbyLover New Member

Long post alert !

I just looked up felony animal cruelty ... according to:

http://www.api4animals.org/47.htm

Here is the law in Texas (I underlined his charge) :

TEX. PENAL CODE ANN. ยงยง 42.09 et seq. -- last amended 2001

Definition of Animal: A domesticated living creature and wild living creature previously captured.

Statute Summary: A person commits the crime of cruelty to animals if the person:

Intentionally or knowingly tortures or seriously overworks, or fails unreasonably to provide necessary food, care or shelter, or abandons, or transports in a cruel manner, or kills, injures or administers poison, or uses as bait in a race, or trips a horse.

Fails to provide food, care, shelter; abandons animal; transports or confines animal in cruel manner; injures an animal; or seriously overworks an animal.

Class A Misdemeanor
    Fine up to $4000.
    Imprisonment up to 1 year.

3rd offense of fails to provide food, care, shelter; abandons animal; transports or confines animal in cruel manner; injures an animal; or seriously overworks an animal.
    State Jail Felony
    Fine up to $10,000.
    180 days to 2 years imprisonment.

Tortures; kills, seriously injures, or administers poison; causes an animal to fight; uses animal to lure; or trips an animal.
    State Jail Felony.
    Fine up to $10,000.
    180 days to 2 years imprisonment.

3rd offense of Tortures; kills, seriously injures, or administers poison; causes an animal to fight; uses animal to lure; or trips an animal.
    Felony of the Third Degree.
    Fine up to $10,000.
    2 years to 10 years.
    Forfeiture of Animal/Seizure: Neither

Other Sentencing Provisions: Counseling.

Exemptions: Property protection, research, fishing, hunting, trapping, wildlife control, animal husbandry.