1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Kitty fell...

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by fridaylove, Aug 11, 2004.

1. fridaylove

fridaylove New Member

Hunter is not the most graceful or agile of kitties. He has this habit of getting up on the banister of the stairs. We live in an old house that has high ceilings and such....so I would guess that from bansiter to floor it is like 18-or so feet up (this is a guestimation)....anyway....apparently last night while my husband was in the bathroom...spiffing up for dinner, Hunter lost his balance and fell to the floor landing on his side.
    He's ok....my husband said he was a bit freaked out (that's the cat and the husband).
    Leaves me wondering how many times Hunter has taken that fall....he doesn't get on the banister as much as he used to.

Aren't cats supposed to be a little more poised and balanced....?

2. vene

vene New Member

I wish they were. :0023: Milo, Monty, and Vene used to balance themselves on the 2nd floor stair railing and Venus has fallen several times. 2x she severely destroyed our wall on the way down so we had to replaster and paint. Oh what fun! :roll:

I'm glad hunter is ok. :m10:

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

my Little Fella Zeus has about as much grace as I do - which isn't saying a whole lot - he doesn't jump up onto high spots cause he just can't. He looks and cocks his head (he thinks he's a dog) as if to judge the distance and then walks away

4. vene

vene New Member

Zeus is a very smart and entertaining cat Mary! :p

5. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

My one kitty that I had many years ago used to go way out on the end of a low branch on one of our trees. I was always worried she would fall but she was very agile and never did.

One of her kittens that we gave away was stollen from the family we gave him to, and later the family heard that the kids who took him were throwing him up high near the ceiling in their house to see if he would land on his feet. They heard that he broke his back. That was so sad to hear.

I'm glad your kitty is okay. :)

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Every cat I have ever had, has fallen from a high spot at least once. This usually happened when they were napping and then decided to stretch out, but there wasn't enough room for any stretching. :shock: At least they were all okay and never had any bad falls.

7. vene

vene New Member

Rene fell from our tv cabinet (8 foot tall) 2 days ago and she was so quiet that I was really worried and ran to her. Thankfully she was fine and was just playing with tape that she knocked off from one of our speakers. She's definiely going to give me a heart attack one of these days. :p