1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Kitty in Recovery, but I don't want him to get worse..

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by blaklilac, May 27, 2004.

1. blaklilac

blaklilac New Member

Hey there everyone..I've been giving Thomas oral antibiotics cause he has an infection. a lymhnode was swollen which caused him to limp..anyways, he improved really fast, and the limp is almost gone, however, he started sneezing today, pretty often..he's eating and drinking normal, but the sneezing is new. should I be worried about that? does that mean he's getting better or worse? any suggestions would be great.

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Blacklilac. If your kitty is just sneezing off and on for a few hours, but seems healthy otherwise and doesn't have abnormal discharge from it's nose, I wouldn't worry about it. It's propably just a minor nasal irritation or allergy. However, if it's more frequent than this or there is abnormal discharge coming out of the nose then I would give your vet a call and let them know, as this could be something more serious. I wish your kitty all the best and I hope it's nothing serious. Keep us posted.

3. blaklilac

blaklilac New Member

Hi, thanx for the reply..there's no discharge, but he keeps squinting his left eye, like it's watery or something. maybe it's a cold, anyways, yesterday he was real active, but today, he's been sluggish. normally, he makes frequent rounds throughout the house to see what everyone's doing an such, not today though, he stayed in his favourite spots the whole day..my vet's closed on Thursday, and, honestly, I am sooo very worried. i've been giving him the antibiotics 2x a day for about 3 days now..i don't know what to do, he needs to see a vet as soon as possible, but I'm not sure about taking him anywhere else cause the closed vet has all his medical history, and I am familar with his practice, and trust him. I don't think I would feel comfortable taking Thomas to see someone else, but at the same time, I feel a sense of urgency...this is the worst feeling, I just want my baby to get better......

4. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hi blaklilac. i went back and read your posts on thomas. sounds like he has had it kinda rough...poor guy. maybe his immune system is in shock from the muscle loss, infection etc. which would make him more susceptible to colds, upper respiratory infections. do you know anyone who has a pet, that uses a different vet? maybe you could call that vet to see if it seems like something that could wait until tomorrow. good luck and keep us updated. worrying about them is rough isnt it? :(

5. blaklilac

blaklilac New Member

*UPDATE*

ok, I took Thomas back to the vet today: He has a respitory infection, and a fever. Also his blood sugar is too high. soooo, I'm giving him medicine for the infection and start him on insulin next week. Hopefully, this was will all start to get better and he won't be so miserable. Can't wait to update with good reports!

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Blaklilac. I'm glad you took Thomas to the vet and he's starting to feel a little better. Poor guy. He must have felt miserable. I hope he has a speedy recovery. I'd sure like to see some pics of him. :wink:

7. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

i will say a prayer for thomas and i really hope he gets well soon. poor little kitty kat...diabetes? wow...well, at least you know what needs to be treated. keep us posted....