1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Kitty number 5 . . .

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by t_chelle16, Jul 14, 2006.

1. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

We just knew we wouldn't be able to settle with only having 4 cats for very long. My brother is visiting and we went up to Kansas City to eat and figured what the heck, let's visit the animal shelter. So we went to Wayside Waifs (extremely nice shelter, btw) and browsed through their kitty selection (well over 100 cats). We'd been visiting shelters off & on for a while looking for the perfect little kitty for us but haven't found one until now.

We all immediately fell in love with little Tiff and, after a name change, little Rusty came home with us. He's still settling in (quarantined from the other cats until he gets the all clear from our vet) and I haven't taken any pics yet, so you'll have to settle for the one from his petfinder page:
    [​IMG]

He has extremely long hair with tufts on the tips of his ears and gigantic paws so I'm pretty sure he's at least part, if not pure bred maine coon. He's playful, but also likes to cuddle, and has been purring non-stop since we first saw him. We did let Romeo peek at him through the carrier and no hissing, so hopefully they'll be good buddies (Romeo has just recently come out of his depression after we lost Tennessee).

EDIT: I snapped a few pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Chelle

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Congratulations! :eek: He's just a little guy. Good call on changing his name if he's a boy, but why is his belly shaved in the first pic? Or is it? It almost looks like "he" was spayed. :?

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

We noticed that too and asked about it at the shelter. Apparently, when they went to neuter him, he had an undescended testicle so they had to go through the belly to get it. He'd definitely a boy, though.

-Chelle

4. nern

nern New Member

Congrats! He is adorable. :D

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Thanks. :D He has a minor eye infection/cold (not really pussy, just a little runny). We have family visiting so we probably won't be able to get him to the vet until Tuesday or Wednesday (if it gets worse, we will take him early, though). He's also pretty thin, but we found out that he absolutely hates the food the shelter was giving him (Science Diet). We bought him a few cans of a different brand and he really chowed down so hopefully he'll get some weight put back on.

I can't wait until we can get him out of quarantine. I think he & Romeo will be good buddies. Ghost & Romeo get along pretty well, but Ghost outweighs him by several pounds and Romeo ends up getting squashed fairly often so it will be nice for Romeo to have a slightly smaller playmate.

-Chelle

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

We took him to the vet today to get shots and a general looking over. Vet says his runny eyes are just irritated by something, not an actual infection or cold so he's safe to be around the other cats. We started off with Romeo & Ghost and so far no real issues. Ghost is really careful around him (which is pretty good considering what a big klutz he is). Rusty swatted at Romeo a couple times and got a few little warning hisses, but for the most part Romeo is just curious and not entirely sure what to think about the new little orange fuzz ball that's bouncing off the walls.

Here's some new pics.

With the little baby Ghost doll I made:
    [​IMG]

Sniffing noses with Ghost (had the harness & leash on him so he wouldn't go under the couch or recliner)
    [​IMG]

We told Ghost to hold onto the leash and not let Rusty run off. He took his job very seriously.
    [​IMG]

-Chelle

7. Bente

Bente New Member

What a cute little guy! Great pictures :D

8. Ginger

Ginger New Member

He is adorable

9. vene

vene New Member

Rusty is a cutie pie! :eek: BTW, I love the baby ghost doll. Is it catnipped? It looks professionally made! :y_the_best:

10. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Thanks. No catnip in it, but I made one for Romeo too (will try to get pics tomorrow) and Ghost is always trying to bite it on the butt for some reason. I'm still trying to find the perfect colored yarn to make them for the other kitties.

And so they're not left out, here's the other 3 hanging out together. Toonces, Emily, & Romeo:
    [​IMG]

-Chelle

11. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

What a cutie! And I just looooooove Ghost! You have a beautiful pride of kitties. (is that the right word? lol)

12. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I think they like eachother . . .

[​IMG]

I swear he's grown a ton just in the week that we've had him and he's going to be absolutely HUGE. He's only about 5 months old and his paws are already nearly as big as Romeo's.

-Chelle